The oXygen SDK provides support for creating oXygen plugins, frameworks
project development, as well as other integrations. The SDK is a collection of Maven artifacts and archetypes. It allows
you to leverage the vast number of Maven plugins for your oXygen project and
integrates it easily with your current development process.
In case your build system is not based on Maven, you can download the package with all
the oXygen SDK jar files: oxygen-sdk-18.104.22.168-all.zip
A multi-module startup project is available. It allows you to customize any aspect of
the oXygen XML-editing platform. The startup project archetype does not require
additional download and provides a perfect starting point for any oXygen XML
The oXygen SDK offers support for:
- Author Framework development and customization
- Integration into an applet or a standalone Java application
- Integration as a server side web application with an HTML5 front-end
- Development of plugins for the oXygen standalone distribution
- Development of Eclipse plugins extending the oXygen distribution for
In order to be compatible with all oXygen packages and installations, on all
supported operating systems, the Java extensions in the SDK need to be compiled with Java
Startup Project Archetype Details
The Author SDK startup project is available as a Maven archetype with the following
The archetype is available from oXygen's public repository located at
http://oxygenxml.com/maven/. You should configure this repository in
your Maven settings as explained below.
Make sure that Maven can access the oXygen repository. If your organization uses
an HTTP proxy server, you need to specify it in the .m2/settings.xml
<!-- ... Other settings .... -->
<!-- ... Other settings .... -->
Creating a Startup Project Sample from a Command Line
Follow this simple procedure to create a starting project based on the Author
Create a sample SDK project by typing the following in a command line console:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.oxygenxml.samples -DarchetypeArtifactId=oxygen-sdk-samples-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=22.214.171.124 -DgroupId=myGroup -DartifactId=mySample -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DarchetypeRepository=http://oxygenxml.com/maven/
Confirm that the details are correct by pressing ENTER. Maven will generate a sample
project called mySample. The final project has the following modules:
- oxygen-sample-framework - sample project for developing an
Author framework that uses many of the features of the Author Framework API and
- oxygen-sample-plugins - contains multiple modules which are
sample projects for different types of oXygen standalone plugins
- oxygen-sample-eclipse-plugin - a starting point for extending
the functionality of the oXygen for Eclipse distribution
- oxygen-sample-applet - project that can be used as a starting
point for integrating the Author Component in a Java Applet
- oxygen-sample-webapp - project that can be used as a starting
point for customizing the oXygen XML Web Author
- bundle-frameworks - contains some of the oXygen built-in
frameworks. These will be included in the applet and Web Author integration modules
described above. If you have existing frameworks that you want to be included in the
integrations, you need to add them in this project
- bundle-options - contains the options file used by the applet
and Web Author integration modules
- bundle-plugins - a wrapper project that has dependencies on
all plugins that will be included in the applet and Web Author integration
- bundle-samplefiles - contains sample files that will be
included in the applet and Web Author integration modules
Creating a Startup Project from the Eclipse IDE
- Install the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (or an Eclipse with the m2e
plugin), version 4.3 or later from: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/.
- Make sure Maven is using the settings.xml file from your home
directory. Do the following in Eclipse:
- Open Window/Preferences.
- Under Maven/User Settings check that the
settings.xml file is used. (Should be something similar to:
- Configure Maven to use the
oXygen SDK repository located at
The Eclipse J2EE IDE validates all the resources from the project, giving some false
errors. To disable the automatic validation, follow these steps:
- Go to "Window"/Preferences.
- Go to the Validation option page and check the Suspend
all validators option.
To create and build a sample project based on the oXygen SDK, start from a Maven
archetype available in the oXygen repository.
- Use File/New Maven Project.
- Press Next to go to Select an Archetype wizard
- Press the Add Archetype button from the right side of the dialog
- In the new Add Archetype dialog box, fill the data from the
Startup Project Archetype
Details. Leave the Repository URL field empty. Press OK to close
the dialog box.
- Press Next to go to the Specify Archetype
parameters wizard page.
- Enter a Group Id, Artifact Id, and
Version for your project.
- Press Finish to create the project. All the modules of the
project will be presented as Eclipse projects.
The oXygen XML SDK is targeted to customers and system integrators and is available as a free download under the terms of Oxygen XML SDK Agreement. To obtain access to the oXygen XML SDK and related material, please login in your SDK account or sign up for a SDK account.
The oXygen XML SDK is targeted to customers and system integrators.
In order obtain access to the oXygen XML SDK and related material, please register using the form below and then you can login using your e-mail address and submitted password.
Information submitted is confidential and will only be used by our Technical Support Group.