webhelp ToC navigation to chunked content

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Dan02

webhelp ToC navigation to chunked content

Post by Dan02 »

Hi,

We have content that is chunked "to-content" and we are noticing that when we click a link to any of that chunked content from the left-hand ToC, the focus of the page jumps to the topic heading (scrolling past/hiding the header/menu/breadcrumbs/etc) rather than showing the full page view. Far as I can tell, when the content is *not* chunked, this behavior does not occur - I see the topic I clicked on but the fuller page view with heading and breadcrumbs is not hidden/scrolled past.

Is there some way to influence this behavior so it stays the same for both chunked/unchunked content? I'm noticing this doesn't seem to occur in your documentation webhelp. For example, this page looks like it is chunked: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... cript.html, but when I click on the ToC link, all the upper menu content sticks.

Any hints you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan
Costin

Re: webhelp ToC navigation to chunked content

Post by Costin »

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your feedback!

We already have an issue logged in our internal issue tracking system, so I have just added your vote for this.
The interal reference of the issue is "WH-2420". We will notify this thread once a different implementation will be available in a future release of Oxygen.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support