webhelp ToC navigation to chunked content

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Dan02

webhelp ToC navigation to chunked content

Post by Dan02 »

Hi,

We have content that is chunked "to-content" and we are noticing that when we click a link to any of that chunked content from the left-hand ToC, the focus of the page jumps to the topic heading (scrolling past/hiding the header/menu/breadcrumbs/etc) rather than showing the full page view. Far as I can tell, when the content is *not* chunked, this behavior does not occur - I see the topic I clicked on but the fuller page view with heading and breadcrumbs is not hidden/scrolled past.

Is there some way to influence this behavior so it stays the same for both chunked/unchunked content? I'm noticing this doesn't seem to occur in your documentation webhelp. For example, this page looks like it is chunked: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... cript.html, but when I click on the ToC link, all the upper menu content sticks.

Any hints you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan
Costin

Re: webhelp ToC navigation to chunked content

Post by Costin »

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your feedback!

We already have an issue logged in our internal issue tracking system, so I have just added your vote for this.
The interal reference of the issue is "WH-2420". We will notify this thread once a different implementation will be available in a future release of Oxygen.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hello,
This is just to update the thread and inform you that this issue has been resolved in the latest maintenance build of Oxygen XML WebHelp 24.1, 2022030500 (released on March 10).

You can download it from our web site:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/download.html

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
Anne

Post by Anne »

Hi Costin,
I tried chunking for the first time, breaking up a very long topic into a root topic with a number of subtopics using the chunk="to-content" attribute. The subtopics are all rendered in one page with the root topic as expected, but don't show up in the Webhelp ToC initially. However, they appear if I search for a subtopic title. How can I make them appear in the ToC always?
In your reply to this thread, you wrote that the ToC navigation to chunked content behavior should be fixed in the new 24.1 version of Oxygen, but after installing it I don't see any change in this behavior. In What's New, this isn't mentioned either.
Would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks IA,
Anne
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Anne,

There is a dedicated transformation scenario parameter that could be used to include or exclude links to chunck topics from the WebHelp output.
See the parameter's definition in the WebHelp Responsive Transformation Parameters section from the WebHelp User-Guide.
More specific, if you edit your scenario, you should set the "webhelp.publication.toc.hide.chunked.topics" parameter value to "no". That way, links to the chunk topics will also get included in the output.

Kind Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi