Oxygen, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), and Spaces

Oxygen general issues.
Zearin

Oxygen, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), and Spaces

Post by Zearin »

I love Oxygen, and I love OS X. So this issue makes me very sad. :(

When I uses Spaces on OS 10.5 ("Leopard"), I often ⌘-Tab between applications. If I am working in Oxygen and I ⌘-Tab to another program, it works just fine. But if I am in another program and I ⌘-Tab to Oxygen, it does not work if Oxygen is in a different Space.

It partially works: Oxygen becomes the active application in the menubar. But my Space does not automatically switch to where Oxygen is, as it does with other applications.

Is this something that can be addressed in Oxygen? Or is it an issue with Spaces (and Java)?

Thanks!
-- Zearin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The Apple's Java virtual machine has problems with the working spaces introduced by Leopard. For example Leopard selects the space containing the window of a running Java application only if there is a dialog of that application active and displayed on top of the window's main frame. You can check that in oXygen by running an action that displays a modal dialog (Find/Replace, Trang Converter, etc) and then switching to other application and switching back to oXygen.

The Apple Java team should fix these compatibility problems which affect all Mac users who run Java applications.

Regards,
Sorin
maltit

Re: Oxygen, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), and Spaces

Post by maltit »

Apparently this works with the Java 1.6 Update from Apple. I just installed that, and after forcing Oxygen to use 1.6 by changing the minimum Java version inside the Oxygen package it works as it should.

Edit: notice this thread http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic2910.html about a possible problem caused by the Java upgrade.