Mac OS X and Java 1.6 - cursor movement issue

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
maltit

Mac OS X and Java 1.6 - cursor movement issue

Post by maltit »

After upgrading to Java 1.6 on OS X Leopard to make the Spaces issue work (see http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic2695.html), I'm experiencing an odd behavior in the editor. Pressing the up/down cursor keys will not move the cursor, but the entire scroll window, leaving the cursor right at its place inside the document. It'd be interesting to know whose fault this is.

regards,
Oli
sorin_ristache

Re: Mac OS X and Java 1.6 - cursor movement issue

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem. We will have to investigate to see if it is caused by the event handling in Java 1.6 or by an Oxygen bug. We will tell you the result.

Regards,
Sorin
hschottm

Post by hschottm »

It seems that this error now occurs again. I've updated my Mac OS yesterday to the actual Java 1.6 update version and since then the windows are scrolling when I press arrow up or arrow down. This is really nasty... :x

Regards,
Helmut
mad191

Post by mad191 »

A fix for this is to change the version that oxygen is using for Java in the /Applications/oxygen/Oxygen.app/Contents/Info.plist file.

Code: Select all

<key>JVMVersion</key>
<string>1.6*</string>
Radu

Post by Radu »

Dear Helmut,

Indeed the latest Mac Java updates made some changes which affect the arrow keys in Oxygen.
We already patched all our kits available for download on site so you can download the installation kit for your version again and the problem should be solved.
We already emailed all our recorded clients about these changes but it is possible that your email address was not in our database.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
JosephPecoraro

Post by JosephPecoraro »

I was missed too and this was driving me absolutely wild!

Thanks maltit for raising the question on the forums and thanks to the oxygen team for fixing it and replying to this forum post. So oxygen is 2 for 2 on my support questions, which is nothing short of extraordinary in all of my experience with other companies =).

Thanks again!