Ability to Store Multiple Content Fusion Server Addresses and Switch Between Them in Connector Plugin

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dreifsnider

Ability to Store Multiple Content Fusion Server Addresses and Switch Between Them in Connector Plugin

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi,

We have two different Content Fusion servers, each with different addresses. One is used as our "production" server and the other is used for our dev/testing server.

We frequently have to change the server connection in the Connector plugin to upload content to the different server and we're finding that it is cumbersome to do so. It would be nice if the Connector plugin was able to store multiple server addresses and then have the ability to switch between them.

Please let me know if you need any more information about this request.

Thank you!

Daniel
cosminef
Site Admin

Re: Ability to Store Multiple Content Fusion Server Addresses and Switch Between Them in Connector Plugin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,

When installing Oxygen XML Editor, you also have access to Oxygen XML Author, each with its own set of options.
So, in Oxygen XML Editor, a Content Fusion server can be set, and in Oxygen XML Author, a different Content Fusion server can be configured
Based on this detail, could you use, for example, Oxygen XML Editor for the Content Fusion test server and Oxygen XML Author for the Content Fusion production server? (or vice versa)

Best Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com
dreifsnider

Re: Ability to Store Multiple Content Fusion Server Addresses and Switch Between Them in Connector Plugin

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for this workaround! This will work for my purposes, although it's honestly still a bit of a hassle to switch between two different applications, especially when I tend to have different projects open across Oxygen XML Editor and Oxygen XML Author.

Thanks again!

Daniel
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,

As a more specific workaround for your use case, you can use the Oxygen XML Web Author Test Server (Add-On, in Oxygen XML Editor/Author) for Content Fusion testing. [1]
You can provide feedback after testing to let us know your thoughts on this approach.

[1] https://www.oxygenxml.com/oxygen_webapp_add_on.html

Best,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com
dreifsnider

Post by dreifsnider »

Thanks for the suggestion Cosmin! I will give this a go and reply back with any feedback I have.

Thanks again,

Daniel