Regarding diffType

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
SmitaPatil

Regarding diffType

Post by SmitaPatil »

Hi Team,
I have following questions :
1. Can you please tell me if there is anyway to combine or merge two xml files and store it in one file ?
2. Can you give example of usage of diffType parameter in oxygen web author url, I didn't able to find much details about it.

Thanks & Regards,
Smita
Bogdan Dumitru
Site Admin

Re: Regarding diffType

Post by Bogdan Dumitru »

Hi Smita,
1. Can you please tell me if there is anyway to combine or merge two xml files and store it in one file ?
Yes, you can merge two files and save the resulting (merged) file.
Oxygen XML Web Author has a File Merge Tool that is able to compare two files and allows you to copy changes from one editor to another and also to freely edit the document. The left editor is the one that's editable, the merge target that the user saves when finishes merging.

The nice thing is that you can compute an URL and easily share it with your colleagues, instead of sending maybe large files containing the differences inside.

Note that it doesn't produce a diff file like a report. The diff is presented only side-by-side, not unified in a single editor.

Take a look at our merge tool demo. Keep in mind that because it's just a public demo, it doesn't allow you to save or download.
You can read more in the Merge Tool documentation topic.

2. Can you give example of usage of diffType parameter in oxygen web author url, I didn't able to find much details about it.
Regarding the "diffType" URL parameter, use "merge" as a value to allow merging. If it's not specified, the left editor won't be editable, thus the tool will work as a read-only diff tool.
You can read more in the Integrating the File Merge Tool with a CMS documentation topic. There you can read how to retrieve the merged content. Note that you can implement your own actions to download or save it.

Hope that this is exactly what you're looking for. If not, please offer more details about what you're looking for.
Last edited by Bogdan Dumitru on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogdan Dumitru
http://www.oxygenxml.com