Files returned by pdf-css-html5 transformation

Having trouble installing Oxygen PDF Chemistry? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ahiggins

Files returned by pdf-css-html5 transformation

Post by ahiggins »

Hi,
I use Oxygen XML v24 and DITA-OT3.7 with the pdf-css-html5 transformation to generate output. An html and xml file are returned in the output folder. Should a pdf file be returned too? Are there other files missing from my output folder?
And if not, does that mean I have to manually convert either the html or xml file?
Thanks,
Amy
ahiggins

Re: Files returned by pdf-css-html5 transformation

Post by ahiggins »

Also, maybe I should note that I copied the com.oxygenxml.pdf.css plugin from the Oxygen XML Editor 24\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT3.x\plugins\com.oxygenxml.pdf.css directory to a separate DITA-OT\plugins directory I've installed on my computer.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello,
Just copying one of the plugins in not enough, there are many other dependencies (like the PDF processor library files). We recommend downloading the Oxygen Publishing Engine (which comprises of a DITA-OT plus the entire set of Oxygen publishing plugins) and using it as an external DITA-OT from Oxygen: https://www.oxygenxml.com/publishing_en ... nload.html

To make Oxygen XML Editor/Author use it for the DITA transformations you should set its installation folder into from Options/Preferences/DITA/Custom.

Running the publishing engine from Oxygen XML Editor/Author requires no additional license key. If you plan using it from an external process, like an integration server, you will need to purchase a license from: https://www.oxygenxml.com/publishing_en ... icing.html

Many regards,
Dan
ahiggins

Post by ahiggins »

Thanks Dan, that's good to know