Licensing / New Release (esp.: Eclipse)

Oxygen general issues.
amix

Licensing / New Release (esp.: Eclipse)

Post by amix »

Hi,

my evaluation period ended tonight. I would like to license your software academic/home. Now I am not completly sure, as what I want to do. As far as I understood a single license entitles to all updates of v7.x, requiering either an update or a floating update license to jump to 8.x

So, my question is, whether you have any information as to when an 8.x may happen ?

Thanks.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Yes, as you can read on the Sales FAQ page a license key for <oXygen/> version 7 works with all minor release versions 7.x. If you want to receive free upgrade(s) to future major version(s) you should purchase the Maintenance Pack option at the same time with your new license, otherwise you will have to buy an upgrade to the future major version. The Maintenance Pack is a cost effective alternative to upgrades. Taking into account that the Maintenance Pack option covers releases of major versions for a year from the purchase date you can be sure that this option purchased now will cover the next major version (that is 8.0).

Regards,
Sorin
avi4now

8.0 Timeline / Floating Licenses

Post by avi4now »

Hi, sorry to overload this thread, but I'm hoping for a quick answer. I'd like to buy two Pro licenses today; I'm just not sure whether to spring for the floating type or not. I'm thinking it depends on the probable release date of 8.0. Is that projected to be in the next 12 months?

Thanks!
Avi Flax
Arc90
NYC
avi4now

Oops

Post by avi4now »

Oops, just realized that I made a mistake - I meant to say that I'm considering the maintenance pack license - not the floating license.

Thanks!
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
sorin wrote:you can be sure that this option purchased now will cover the next major version (that is 8.0).
You can be sure of that. Just check the release history to see that the Maintenance Pack covers at least one major version anytime you purchase it.

Regards,
Sorin
avi4now

Thanks!

Post by avi4now »

Ah, I must have missed that in your first reply. Thanks for the quick response! I'm going to go ahead and order now.

Thanks!
Avi
gbarwis

Post by gbarwis »

I am also interested to know if there is a projected release date for 8.0. We are considering the purchase of a collection of professional licenses, and the release date of 8.0 (even if approximate) will affect the timing of our purchase.

I see from the revision history that 7.0 was released in January of 2006, so I assume that 8.0 will be released no later than January of 2007, but I would very much like to know if it may be sooner (Nov / Dec of 2006?).

What, roughly, is the expected release timeframe of OxygenXML 8.0?

Thanks!
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Version 8 will be available really soon. All licenses for version 7 purchased now will be automatically upgraded to v8.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina