Inline image height

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
MicTie

Inline image height

Post by MicTie »

Using OxygenXML23.1 and the DitaMap WebHelp Responsive Transformation.

Besides images in various sizes, my project contains hundreds of inline images (mostly icons and buttons) which are specified in dita-topics like this

Code: Select all

<image href="../../Common/images/FREQ.png" height="18px" align="center" id="image_52" alt="WS"/>
The transformation 'overwrites' the height setting via 'wh-responsive-image.css:4' to

.image {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
Besides changing the original 'wh-responsive-image.css' in the Dita-Plugin, is there a way to 'unset' this 'height:auto' so that the originally set height becomes valid again?

Thanks for your help!
Costin

Re: Inline image height

Post by Costin »

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback your provided!

I've just logged it in our internal improvements system, so that our developers will analyze it and see if there is something we could implement to improve this behavior.

Meanwhile, I suggest you should avoid modifying any of the plugin's source files directly, because this could conflict with files from a newer version and generate issues when you update the software at a later time.
We do not have a general rule to unset the height property, but you could use your own customization CSS to match specific elements and set a custom height value for them.
For your specific example, you could use something like:

.image[height="18"] {
height: 18px;
}
You can find more details on how you could use your internet browser's CSS inspector to identify the selectors you should use in your CSS customization and how the custom CSS could be used in a scenario, in this section from the WebHelp User-Guide.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
MicTie

Post by MicTie »

Thank you!
Your solution works fine for me!
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hello,
I just wanted to update this thread and let you know that this issue has been resolved in the latest maintenance build of Oxygen XML WebHelp 24.1,
2022030500 (released March 10th, 2021).

You can download it from our web site:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/download.html

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support