Integrate oXygen content with Salesforce Knowledge

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
rjcbop

Integrate oXygen content with Salesforce Knowledge

Post by rjcbop »

Does oXygen provide any mechanism for integrating content into Salesforce Knowledge?
Radu

Re: Integrate oXygen content with Salesforce Knowledge

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have any specific Salesforce integration. I added an internal issue to explore this further.
If you have any specifics in mind about how this would work it would help us get a better idea about your expectations.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
rjcbop

Post by rjcbop »

Thanks. We're in the early stages of thinking about this so we don't have specifics yet.
maglid

Post by maglid »

I also am trying to figure out how to integrate Oxygen webhelp output into a Salesforce website. I do not have a solution yet, but I had an email exchange with someone who had done this. Here is a summary of what he told me:

Their solution was to create a local website (not on Salesforce) with all the directories, CSS, HTML and so on. They zipped up this local website. Salesforce has a method of using a zipped resource, and they uploaded the zip to Salesforce. Your Salesforce object can point to the zip file, and Salesforce resources will pull the appropriate files out as needed. You need one front end page that points to the zip. He said he thought that the webhelp full text search, which is controlled by Javascript, would probably work.

Hope this helps.

Mark
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello,

Did any of you manage to progress with publishing DITA content to Salesforce? I'm trying to collect requirements to further understand how such an integration should work.

Best regards,
Alex
maglid

Post by maglid »

I was not able to get a simple HTML page of my own to to display under Salesforce Community, let alone a Javascript-based system like Oxygen webhelp. My client said their Salesforce rep said it was not possible. I do not know what the real answer is.

I am now helping the same client integrate the Zoomin dynamic docs delivery system into their Salesforce Community installation. Somehow Zoomin is able to display HTML pages. They are an official Salesforce app. I'm not sure what is involved with this. Even with all this, we can upload an HTML page to Zoomin that uses some Javascript to control the display of columns in the table, and Salesforce will not allow that Javascript to run.

Good luck! Please tell us here what you find out.
xephon

Post by xephon »

Salesforce integration is a must for us as well. I've read the API docs and felt that this should be doable as an Ant target.

If you are investigating this, Oxygen team, please add my vote. I need this as a DITA transformation target endpoint in a few months. If you don't have a Salesforce environment for testing, maybe we can work together.

Best regards
Stefan
stefan-jung.org – Your DITA/DITA-OT XML consultant
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

maglid wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:43 pm I was not able to get a simple HTML page of my own to to display under Salesforce Community, let alone a Javascript-based system like Oxygen webhelp. My client said their Salesforce rep said it was not possible. I do not know what the real answer is.
We encountered the same thing - Salesforce itself does not seem to be able to serve OLH-like content.

We are hosting our OLH content in AWS. We use Salesforce-Coveo to index the AWS content so it's searchable from the Salesforce customer portal.
Alex Thornton

Post by Alex Thornton »

Is federated search a possibility for "integrating" with Salesforce?
According to Salesforce "The Federated Search API connects the Salesforce federated search connector to the external search provider. The API enables data from external repositories be searched and returned within Salesforce...The external providers must conform to this [Federated Search] API and remain fully compliant to the OpenSearch specification."
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/a ... _intro.htm

Does output from DITA using oXygen conform to the OpenSearch specification? I was unable to find any information about this.
https://opensearch.org/

Thanks,
Alex
maglid

Post by maglid »

Alex, Coveo search works with Salesforce. I think Coveo is federated search. I don't know if Oxygen webhelp is compatible with opensearch.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Oxygen WebHelp has its own search functionality. We do not have any specific support to integrate our WebHelp in salesforce.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
doctissimus

Post by doctissimus »

+1 to the votes for this integration.