searching results are not updated

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
catherine

searching results are not updated

Post by catherine »

Hi,
When I modify dita files and map files, and re-publish a webhelp, then upload the new webhelp folder and files to our server...
I check the new web pages, and the modified pages are took effect.
But when I search an old key words, the web pages still appear.
For example, I changed the topic title from "Edit a microsoft word file" to "Edit a word file ", and I when I search microsoft in the webhelp, the old topic still remain.

I think the searching results are not updated after I upload the whole new webhelp files to our server?

How to fix the problem?
Should I remove all the files from the server , then upload the new files? If this is the solution, it wastes time and will affect the user experience of our documentation.

Thanks and Regards,
Catherine
Costin

Re: searching results are not updated

Post by Costin »

Hi Catherine,

We are aware of an issue with the WebHelp search indexer that could cause this.
Unfortunately, there is no workaround that we could provide you at this time, which could be used with the current implementation of WebHelp.
However, I am happy to let you know that this issue was already fixed in our internal development stream, so, as the fix will be implemented in the next release of Oxygen XML WebHelp, this should no longer reproduce then.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
catherine

Post by catherine »

Hi, Costin
Thanks for your help and glad to hear the news.
So, for now, we should clear all the old files, then upload new files, right?
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Catherine,

It is not that the old files still exist, because they are deleted anyway between publication sessions.
It is the internet browser that caches the indexed resources, so you should clear the browser's cache but, even so, this issue will still persist to any other users that opened the WebHelp output previously as their browser caches the resources as well.

Kind Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
catherine

Post by catherine »

Thanks for your explanation. :D