Viewing comments from multiple reviews

Oxygen general issues.
ms2art2

Viewing comments from multiple reviews

Post by ms2art2 »

I have a server set up to use WebHelp Responsive with Feedback output for documentation reviews. Is it practical to use this method to manage many reviews? It seems that for each review, a different admin page is created, which means potentially a lot of URLs for my writers to keep track of. I've noticed that on the admin page for a given review, although the View All Posts dialog may show multiple reviews to choose from, you can really only view comments from the review associated with the admin page. To view comments in another review, you have to open that review's admin page. This is okay for one or two reviews, but if a writer is conducting multiple reviews--say, for multiple versions of a single product, or for multiple products--I'd like him/her to be able to use a single admin page and choose the right product and version from the list in the View All Posts dialog.

Thanks for any insight.
Costin

Re: Viewing comments from multiple reviews

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Please note that we now have a new Feedback product, that can be integrated in the WebHelp output or or any other HTML-based websitw of your own and grants improved feedback functionality. If you want to use the Feedback system together with your WebHelp output, you just need to have either Editor/Author/WebHelp software installed and licensed.
You can find more details about deploying the Feedback system, as well as the documentation here.
in addition, you can find a video demonstration of the Feedback system in the Overview section.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
ms2art2

Post by ms2art2 »

Thanks. That's certainly something to look at. Meanwhile, can you comment on the behaviors I've described? Are they expected, or a bug, or am I possibly missing something in the review configuration process?
Costin

Post by Costin »

They are expected, due to the technical limitations of the previous feedback system.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support