Can't comment out DITA that contains double dash --

Oxygen general issues.
morrisonmc

Can't comment out DITA that contains double dash --

Post by morrisonmc »

In the oXygen XML Editor Author mode, when I click the Toggle Comment button to comment out a part of my DITA document, I see the following error message:

Code: Select all

The character sequence '--' is not permitted within comments
Here's part of what I was trying to comment out:

<xref href="#xd_179f5ba22902868a-28cc585f-140514b5b56--7eae/step_zfy_3kx_bkb" format="dita"/>
And, indeed, there is a double dash -- in the href for the xref. The double dash comes from the base topic's ID:

<task xmlns:ditaarch="http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/" id="xd_179f5ba22902868a-28cc585f-140514b5b56--7eae" xml:lang="en-US">
My question: can I change the way that oXygen adds auto-generated IDs to not include a double dash in the ID? If the ID has no double dash, I can easily comment out any section of a DITA document. As it is, there are many parts of a document that I cannot comment out. I did not see any option or preference that controls auto-generated IDs.

From this forum, I saw that oXygen is supposed to convert the -- to an escaped-string (such as -\-) to allow commenting to work. However, I do not see this behavior. I have oXygen XML Editor 18.0.

-- Michael
alex_jitianu

Re: Can't comment out DITA that contains double dash --

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Michael,
From this forum, I saw that oXygen is supposed to convert the -- to an escaped-string (such as -\-) to allow commenting to work. However, I do not see this behavior. I have oXygen XML Editor 18.0.
It's not related to the Oxygen version. This behavior is present only in the text page. So just switch to the text page, select the topic and invoke the Toggle Comment action from the contextual menu. Please note that when you decide to un-comment the section you'll need to use the action from the text page as well, because the one from the author page doesn't know how to remove that escaping backslash.

We intend to improve the Toggle Comment action from the author page as well, so I will add your vote for it. As soon as we address it, we will post a notice on this thread.

Best regards,
Alex
stunorton

Post by stunorton »

please add my upvote to this as well! This would be helpful to our users. Thanks.
IrinaNadolu

Post by IrinaNadolu »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I added it on the already registered issue.

Regards,
Irina
Irina Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Just to update this forum thread, we fixed this problem in Oxygen 24.1 which was released a few days ago.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com