Key defs not being updated in topics

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
jcadel

Key defs not being updated in topics

Post by jcadel »

I updated one of my keyrefs and it changed in some of my topics but not in others. I checked the text and did not see any differences. Do you know why something like this would happen. The following code is an example of a topic using the keyref, POS.

Code: Select all

<p>Enter the <ph keyref="SPA_short">SPA</ph> returned bank
                                            code mapping with the <ph keyref="POS"/> payment method
                                            code that was created in <xref
                                                href="t_paymentinterface_directsale_paymentmethod.dita"
                                            />. Use the format: <ph keyref="SPA_short"/> used bank
                                                code:<ph keyref="POS"/> payment code.</p>
                                        <p>Set up the issuer codes as listed <xref
                                                href="../References/r_paymentinterface_card_issuer_codes.dita"
                                            />.</p>
Radu

Re: Key defs not being updated in topics

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I do not have enough details to understand the problem. Maybe you have the same key name defined in multiple places?
If you can come up with a small sample DITA project exemplifying the problem you can send it to "support@oxygenxml.com" and we can take a look at it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
zuza

Post by zuza »

Hi,

Not sure if this is the root cause of all your problems, but this:

<p>Enter the <ph keyref="SPA_short">SPA</ph> returned bank ...</p>
should be

<p>Enter the <ph keyref="SPA_short"/> returned bank... </p>
otherwise it will always display SPA instead of the actual value.

I notice this in our source files sometimes in <xref> elements (<xref href="topic.dita">Static title</xref>), not sure how it gets there as I didn't manage to reproduce it and it's usually in content edited by one of my colleagues.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ozana
jcadel

Post by jcadel »

Thank you. That may be the problem. I'll see if that resolves the problem going forward.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Ozana,

Great catch, thanks for contributing to the thread.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com