Advice on translations

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
syed

Advice on translations

Post by syed »

Hi,

The translation agency generates Webhelp output for the translated content. Assuming a Japanese user accesses our help portal from a Japanese OS and browser, is there anything to be done from my side to ensure that Japanese content is served and not English?

This question might not be related to Webhelp Responsive output, but i would like to understand which capability ensures serving of correct content to the users.

Thanks...
Syed
Costin

Re: Advice on translations

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no dedicated support for such use-cases in the WebHelp implementation.
However, most probably this could be achieved by developing your own customization based on Java Script, which should detect the browser's language setting and redirect the user to the specific output corresponding to that language.

For more information on how you could contribute with custom scripts to the WebHelp Responsive output, you should read the How to Insert HTML Content in WebHelp Responsive Output section from the User-Guide.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
syed

Post by syed »

Thanks Costin.

Because translations is a consideration for a majority of technical documentation teams, it would be good if, by default, Webhelp implement this Javascript functionality and just provide guideline to writers about how to organize/name the folders.

Syed
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I have added it to our tracking tool to be further analyzed by our development team.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support