WebHelp Responsive: Changing Figure Title Style

B-E-N

WebHelp Responsive: Changing Figure Title Style

Post by B-E-N » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi,

by default, the WebHelp Responsive output puts the figure titles above the image and puts a number in front of the title: Figure 1. Project window

What I would like to do:
1. Figure title without number (Project window)
2. Figure title below image

For step 1, I thought I could use the args.figurelink.style parameter and set it to TITLE. Unfortunately this didn't remove the Figure 1. from the output.

For step 2, I didn't find a solution yet.

(Oxygen 18.0.1, custom DITA OT 2.0.1)

radu_pisoi

Re: WebHelp Responsive: Changing Figure Title Style

Post by radu_pisoi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi,
B-E-N wrote: What I would like to do:
1. Figure title without number (Project window)
This is the default HTML output when you are using an external DITA-OT framework. The DITA-OT 2.x that comes bundled with oXygen 18 has installed a DITA-OT plugin that removes the figure number. This plugin is installed in:

Code: Select all

{oXygenInstallDir}/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.html.custom/
So, a solution is to copy this plugin in your external DITA-OT. After you have copied this plugin please run the 'Run DITA OT Integrator' transformation scenario to activate it.
B-E-N wrote:2. Figure title below image
About this problem, please see the following related post:
topic13198.html
topic13006.html
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

B-E-N

Re: WebHelp Responsive: Changing Figure Title Style

Post by B-E-N » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Sorry for the late reply. But thanks, all worked fine!

For step 1, I edited the dita2htmllmpl.xsl file instead to remove the "Figure" caption. Adding a new plug-in to our custom framework and then triggering the DITA-OT Integrator caused too many side effects.

For step 2, I chose the XSLT approach. The CSS approach caused the images to look stretched in the output (not all of our images use the "scale" attribute).