DITA Webhelp webhelp.copyright

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
mstrubberg

DITA Webhelp webhelp.copyright

Post by mstrubberg »

Using Oxygen 14.2 default transform for Webhelp, copied and applying the parameter webhelp.copyright=All rights reserved.
Does not produce the words All rights reserved in the lower portion of the toc.html launched from index.html or index_frames.html.

Is this the intended use of the webhelp.copyright parameter?

Where can I find specific details in help on Oxygen-specific parameters such as webhelp.copyright, webhelp.footer.file, use.stemming.
sorin_ristache

Re: DITA Webhelp webhelp.copyright

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The parameter webhelp.copyright is not passed correctly to the Webhelp output in version 14.2. We will fix the problem in the next maintenance build for version 14.2 and in version 15.0. If you want an Oxygen 14.2 build with this fix please download it from here.

Regards,
Sorin
mstrubberg

Post by mstrubberg »

Sorin,
Thanks for the information and the patch.

Please, where can I find specific details in help on these Oxygen-specific webhelp parameters:
  • webhelp.footer.file
    use.stemming
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The table from the Parameters dialog that is opened from the transformation scenario dialog has 3 columns. The third one is called Description and explains what that parameter does and sometimes also what values it can contain. For the webhelp.footer.file parameter we will update the description in Oxygen 15.0 to the following:

Code: Select all

Specifies the location of a well-formed XHTML file containing your custom footer for the document body. Corresponds to XSLT parameter WEBHELP_FOOTER_FILE. The fragment must be well-formed XHTML, with a single root element. Common practice is to place all content into a <div>.
The use.stemming parameter as the Description column specifies is applied in the Webhelp search. It tries to apply the usual stemming techniques that are applied in a search on text content.

Regards,
Sorin
mstrubberg

Post by mstrubberg »

I was looking for greater details apart from what the properties tab description offered. I was hoping to learn more about the intended use of these parameters, considerations, limitations etc in the help documentation.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The description of the webhelp.footer.file parameter seems to be complete. I don't see what else can be said: it must be a well-formed fragment of XHTML that will go in the footer of the output document body.

I think we can expand the description/documentation of the use.stemming parameter. Basically it is used for finding all words with the same root, not just the exact matches of the words from the input search box. For example if you enter copy in the search box then the results will include all locations of copy, copies, copied, copying.

Regards,
Sorin
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that this problem has been resolved in the latest maintenance build of Oxygen 14.2, 2013040919 (released on April 10th):
WebHelp: The value of the parameter webhelp.copyright (if specified) from the WebHelp transformation scenario now appears at the bottom of the output TOC.
You can download it from our web site:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/download.html

The list of bug-fixes can be found here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/build_history.html#2013040919

You can follow the release/build RSS feed here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/rssBuildID.xml

Let us know if you encounter further problems with this new build.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support