images not copied correctly during xhtml generation

Posts: 9

images not copied correctly during xhtml generation

Mon May 28, 2012 4:52 pm


I've noticed that images do not get copied to the correct out directory during xhtml generation if the main map references a directory that is not below the main map. I'm using oXygenXML 13.2. The specific situation is as follows:

* The main ditamap includes a mapref to a ditamap in a sibling directory to where main ditamap is located. Main ditamap is in a directory called project
* The sibling ditamap contains keydefs that point to some reusable text fragments.
* Images are stored in main project in directory project/topics/graphics
* After xhtml generation the images are not visible in the generated output. They have not been copied to the out directory, but instead have been copied to project/project/topics/graphics
* If the mapref to the sibling ditamap is commented out then the images are copied to the correct location and are visible in the generated html.
* PDF generation works fine.

Is this a known issue with the dita_ot, or is there some configuration I need to set to handle this situation?
Posts: 5987

Re: images not copied correctly during xhtml generation

Mon May 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Richard,

The DITA OT indeed has many problems when it comes to generating XHTML-based output from DITA Maps which reference content outside of their source folder:

Usually my suggestion is to have all published DITA Maps in a top folder so that all references are made inside a single folder.
For this you could define a master DITA Map which references the DITA Map that you are currently publishing.

In Oxygen 14 when editing a transformation scenario, in the Parameters tab we added a new parameter called:

The parameter activated custom Oxygen functionality which tries to deal with this issue.

Oxygen 14 beta kits are already available so our of curiosity you could install an Oxygen 14 beta side-by-side with your installation and try the new parameter:

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
Posts: 9

Re: images not copied correctly during xhtml generation

Mon May 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks Radu,

I tried your first suggestion and the output is as expected. For now, I'll just adjust my project structure to include a directory above the actual publication directory and put a ditamap in there with a mapref to the actual publication's main map. A bit of a hack, but it will work for now.

Return to “DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests