Problems with OxygenXML 13.0 installer 19th Sept

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
csalsa

Problems with OxygenXML 13.0 installer 19th Sept

Post by csalsa »

Hi

With the latest OxygenXML 13.0 installer (19th Sept), I had trouble with installation. I wanted to go back to the previous install but the uninstall fails. I found a file 'error.log' in the OxygenXML software directory with the contents (after I tried to uninstall):

Code: Select all

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 13\.install4j\MessagesDefault (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.util.FileResourceBundle.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.Messages.createMessagesInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.Messages.createMessages(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.Messages.getMessages(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper$TempFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper$TempFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.getOptionPaneParent(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.showMessageInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.access$100(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
The 'error.log' file contained three errors after installation (I was trying to install over the previous one 6th Sept), but the contents were overwritten when I tried to uninstall the OxygenXML.

What would you suggest?
adrian

Re: Problems with OxygenXML 13.0 installer 19th Sept

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Note that installing over an existing version(or build) will first uninstall that version before installing the new one.

To resolve this, follow these steps:
1. Download the installer again from our website to make sure it's not broken: http://www.oxygenxml.com/download.html

2. If the currently installed Oxygen fails to uninstall, rename or move the Oxygen installation folder to something temporary.
e.g. Oxygen XML Editor 13 old

3. Reinstall Oxygen with the freshly downloaded kit in the same folder as before: C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 13

4a. If the installation is successful and the application works, you can remove the renamed/moved temporary folder(from step 1).

4b. If the installation fails, please send us the error.log and installation.log files (from Oxygen XML Editor 13\.install4j). You can send them via email to support@oxygenxml.com

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
csalsa

Re: Problems with OxygenXML 13.0 installer 19th Sept

Post by csalsa »

Hi Ardrian

I have not been able to replicate the problem. So it was a one-off issue.