Oxygen XSL Editor (2.01) buggy on Mac

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
stewart

Oxygen XSL Editor (2.01) buggy on Mac

Post by stewart »

Hi

I'm running Oxygen 2.0.1 on a mac. However, I'm finding the editor is buggy. For example, text is overlayed over text on the same line. This seems to happen when " (qoutes) especially.

I would register Oxygen, but whats the point if you can't edit?

I do have screen shots of these problems.

thanks.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello,

Yes, there is a workaround for this: use fixed font for editing, like "Monaco", or "Courier". Also it works if you are using "Optima" font size 12, or "Helvetica" font size 14, 16, ..

It is a problem with the font measuring API which changed in Java 1.4 on Mac OS X. We reported this to Apple.

Best regards,

Dan
dsewell

Post by dsewell »

I'd strongly suggest that you include this info somewhere prominent in the install instructions for the Mac version. I gave up on oXygen because of this problem after downloading a 2.0.1 trial version. Today someone on the TEI mailing list posted a strong recommendation for oXygen 2.0.2, so I thought I'd look at it again. This time I tried changing the font settings and discovered how to get rid of the overprint bug. Now I am much happier and more likely to become a registered user!
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Thanks,

I added a note on the download page
http://www.oxygenxml.com/download.html

All the best,
George
dsewell

Post by dsewell »

Great & thanks for the quick response!

Currently I am using Corel XMetal running under Virtual PC on my Mac, but I'm hoping that oXygen has enough functionality to substitute for it most of the time. (It sure starts up a lot faster than opening Virtual PC...!)