DitaMaps not displaying correct topic content

Oxygen general issues.
altein

DitaMaps not displaying correct topic content

Post by altein »

Hi,
I am having a number of problems transforming my ditamaps. On a project I was working on for a day or so, the ditamaps were transofrming correctly, displaying the correct output. After awhile, the transforms stop displaying the correct output. Referenced images stop displaying in the pdfs. I was very careful to make sure the paths to the images int the topics were correct. The images would display variably, work for XHTML and chm but not with pdf transforms.

After making numerous changes to my referenced topics, the PDFs stopping reflecting changes in the referenced topics. The output is always the same, even if I make changes to static elements in the topics, like text. I am certain the file references are correct. I can even delete topic files from the disc, and the ditamap manager remove the referenced topics from the interface, but these deleted files will still appear in the output.

At this point, the PDF transforms don't work at all. When I initiate the transform using the Idiom FO plugin, the build file proceeds and says build successful, but no pdf pops up. The ditamap files are still intact though and I can view them with Notepad. Any advice would be very greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Allan

Thanks ahead,
Allan
Radu

Re: DitaMaps not displaying correct topic content

Post by Radu »

Hi Allan,

Usually the DITA Map is on the highest level in the folder structure and points to topic references which are in folders below it.
If there is a case in which a DITA Map references topics in folders located above its parent folder I remember the PDF transformation creates a more intricate structure in the output folder which tries to mimic the input structure. In such a case Oxygen has problems identifying the output PDF file (although Oxygen 11.2 contains some improvements in this area). So it is possible that the PDF is created correctly in the output folder but Oxygen does not know where it is in order to open it.
What you can do is search for the PDF file in the output folder and either open it yourself after the transformation or in the Oxygen transformation scenario, in the Output tab check the Other location radio button and tell Oxygen the location to open after the transformation.

So I think the problem that the PDF was not reflecting the map's structure was caused by the fact that the old PDF was still located on disk and opened instead of the new one.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
altein

Post by altein »

I'm having the same problem again and I absolutely must resolve it for a presentation. Is this a program bug.
Here is my file structure. The outbox directory is created by Oxygen.
The

[] = Folder
* = File

[Project]
*map.ditamap
[concept]
*concept1.dita
[Image]
*image1.jpg
[out]
altein

Post by altein »

Please disregard the previous message
altein

Post by altein »

Hi!

I desperately need to solve this recurring problem. Only PDFs are generating correctly from ditamaps. If I try to use the ditamap I used to generate the PDF to generate the CHM output, I get two strange features:

*Incorrect output -- only two topics instead of 7.
*the CHM file's tree structure has topic titles but they have question marks.

The output for the CHM transformation is the output directory, which itself is in the directory that contains the ditamap, and when I check the .chm file in the out directory, the file time stamp says it was modified at the current time i ran the transform.

Alternatively, I simply created a new .ditamap, and copied and pasted the code from the .ditamap I use for PDF transforms and ran a CHM transform, and it worked fine.

Can I send my code for help. Really need help to solve this.

Thanks,
Allan
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Allan,

Sure, send us some samples. I did not answer the post as you advised to disregard it.
You can find the email address here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/contact.html

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com