Review Tasks Disappeared

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jmorales

Review Tasks Disappeared

Post by jmorales »

A couple of my review tasks have disappeared after a reviewer finalized the review. In both cases, I received an email stating that the review was finalized, but when I clicked the link, the Content Fusion site said "Review task details not available." I wondered if I could somehow be accidentally clicking something in Oxygen that deletes the tasks. However, it appears unlikely because there's a confirmation dialog for deletions, so hopefully I would not accidentally click incorrectly on the confirmation as well. I believe our Content Fusion is running 3.0, but I can't quickly verify it. I seem to recall that the "Report Problem" feature reports the Content Fusion version, but the version it shows is 22.1, which is actually the version of Oxygen we are running. Please remind me if there's a better way to check the version. Anyway, is there any known issue that could make Content Fusion delete review tasks spontaneously? If so, is there a way to prevent it? And in general, is there any way to recover a review task that was deleted by accident? Like, a Recycle Bin of review tasks? Thanks!
mihai_coanda

Re: Review Tasks Disappeared

Post by mihai_coanda »

Hello,

The tasks are never automatically deleted.

From what I understand you are referring to tasks that you created (you are the owner).

Have you tried searching the tasks by name in Owned by me list and access them directly or have you just tried to access them using the link in the finalized review email?

As you do not recall to have deleted those tasks, maybe another task owner has deleted them (in case you gave ownership of the task to another user).

If this does not apply to the tasks that disappeared you could collaborate with a colleague to reproduce the scenario on a test task.

If you cannot reproduce the issue you can email us at support@oxygenxml.com the Content Fusion server logs and information on the task like when you received the "Finalized review" email, the task name and URL which be found in the "Finalized review email.".

Regards,
Michael
Michael

https://www.oxygenxml.com
jmorales

Post by jmorales »

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your response. Yes, I am the owner of the review tasks that disappeared. I have looked for them in the Owned by Me list, and they are gone. I am the only task owner; I'm not sure how to give ownership of the tasks to another user.

Given that user errors are more common than software bugs, I suppose the probability is that I deleted these tasks myself, perhaps after reading a title too hastily and thinking that I was deleting a different task. For now, I am going to stop deleting tasks altogether, and simply retitle them if I need to indicate that a particular task should be ignored. If tasks still disappear, I will try to see if we can reproduce the problem or identify what triggers it.

Possibly I'm the only one with this issue, but if you receive reports from anyone else, there are some enhancements you can consider that would help product your customers from our own mistakes. One would be a Recycle Bin or Deleted Tasks feature, such as exists in Gmail, where deleted items exist in limbo for a while before they get permanently erased. Another would be a download feature that allows us to download all the topics in a release package at once, for backup purposes. At the moment, it looks like I can only download topics from the release package one at a time. And there doesn't seem to be a way to download the ditamap from the release package. It would be nice to have a single button that downloads all the topics and the ditamap as a zip file. Thanks for your consideration. We get great support from Oxygen, and we appreciate your openness to new ideas.
mihai_coanda

Post by mihai_coanda »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

I added a feature request to add functionality to allow users to recuperate deleted tasks for a period of time instead of permanently deleting them.

Regarding the download feature, Content Fusion already has a download feature under the More submenu, next to Delete but as you have an older version it might not be there for you. If you already have the Download task action available and it does not match your requirements you could elaborate on your use case, requirements and what do you consider a release package to be if it does not match our review task terminology.

A lot of improvements have been made since version 3.0 and you might consider upgrading to the latest 4.1 version in which our concurrent editing feature that allows multiple users to edit the same file at the same time just passed the BETA phase.

Best Regards,
Michael

1.https://www.oxygenxml.com/content_fusion/whats_new.html
Michael

https://www.oxygenxml.com
jmorales

Post by jmorales »

Thanks, Michael. Now I see the More > Download selection at the start of the review package. Thanks for pointing that out. Previously, I only knew how to download individual topics. The combined download is much more convenient!