Problem with abbreviated-form in PDF output for OT 374

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
eriks

Problem with abbreviated-form in PDF output for OT 374

Post by eriks »

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone here might have some answers or at least be able to point me in the right direction.

I have DITA content that makes use of abbreviated-form. These link back to a map containing glossref that then point to glossentry. I'm confident that our content is good and configured in a way that should be working. But the PDF stubbornly refuses to output any of the abbreviated-form.

We have looked into this issue a fair bit and found of number of threads relating to this on the OT GitHub. I tried all of the different modifications to abbrev-domain.xsl that I saw suggested in the threads, added print="yes", and most recently tried the modification present in abbrev-domain.xsl in the OT that ships with Oxygen 25. So far, nothing has worked. We did note that it works for out of the box XSL FO publishing directly from Oxygen with the packaged OT, but since the modification in abbrev-domain.xsl alone did not resolve the issue, I am thinking that I might need to make more modifications; I just don't know what the next step would be.

Is there anyone that has encountered this issue? If so, how did you get around the problem? I'm hoping there is a simple fix or that at least someone could offer a suggestion of where I should direct my efforts.

Thanks in advance,
Erik
Radu

Re: Problem with abbreviated-form in PDF output for OT 374

Post by Radu »

Hi Erik,
You are using a DITA OT version which is no longer supported either by us or by the DITA OT project.
My advice for you would be to try and upgrade to using directly the DITA OT bundled with Oxygen 25 or 26.
It's hard to say what the problem is, in my opinion adding print="yes" to the glossref should have made things work. How about if you download a stock not modified version of DITA OT 3.7 from the DITA OT web site and try to use it to produce the PDF adding print="yes" to the glossref? This would at least remove your possible XSLT customizations from the equation.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
eriks

Post by eriks »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for the reply.

We do see the issue with a stock OT and the unmodified pdf2 transformation. I always start from a fresh OT; in this case I started on 361 because that is the version our software ships with, but when I encountered the problem, I made the modifications to move the plugin to 374. But I still had the same problem. I believe there are technical reasons why we cannot move to version 4, so I will probably still need to find a solution or a suitable workaround.

Cheers,
Erik
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hello Erik,
Now the next step would be to copy and simplify your DITA project until you have only a map and 1-2 topics with which you can reproduce the problem. If you do that and the problem persists, maybe you can email me the small sample DITA project (support@oxygenxml.com) and I can try to find some time to look into it.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com