Plugins created with the PDF Plugin Generator don't work anymore

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
josecotes

Plugins created with the PDF Plugin Generator don't work anymore

Post by josecotes »

Hi all,

I had created a PDF Plugin using the https://dita-generator.elovirta.com. In the past these used to work fine, but they don't work anymore. I am in Oxygen 25.

What steps do I follow?
1. Once customized, I download the plugin from the site
2. I copy the folder into frameworks --> dita --> DITA-OT3.x --> plugins
3. I run the "Run DITA-OT Integrator"
4. I add the plugin (+) as a DITA-OT transformation
5. I select the plugin on the DITA Transformation Type windows
6. Run it...

I get a transformation failed.
The error is 31mError: Transformation type not defined

Then I change the transtype to pdf. The PDF now prints fine, but none of the customizations is implemented. It seems as if Oxygen is only using the org.dita.pdf2.

Here is attached my plugin
com.aray.pdf.zip
(127.52 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Attachments
com.aray.pdf.zip
(127.52 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
com.aray.pdf.zip
(127.52 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Radu

Re: Plugins created with the PDF Plugin Generator don't work anymore

Post by Radu »

Hi,
It is possible that older DITA OT PDF plugin customizations are no longer compatible with newer DITA OT engines (Oxygen comes bundled with DITA OT 3.7.3).
But from what I tested your plugin following the same steps as you did, I get this error when publishing:
DITA-OT3.x/plugins/org.dita.pdf2/build.xml:280: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to compile stylesheet '..DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.aray.pdf/xsl/fo/topic2fo_shell_fop.xsl':.../org.dita.pdf2.fop/cfg/fo/attrs/toc-attr_fop.xsl: (No such file or directory)[0m
So it still does not work for me but I get a different error than you do.
I think in your case Oxygen publishes with a different DITA OT than the one where you install the plugins.
If you edit your transformation scenario, in the Parameters list there is a "dita.dir" parameter. What value does it have on your side?
In the Oxygen Preferences->"DITA" page there is a default DITA OT installation folder, does it point to the DITA OT bundled with Oxygen?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com