Multiple XML Generator from API Calls inSchemas (.xsd) files

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
co9033

Multiple XML Generator from API Calls inSchemas (.xsd) files

Post by co9033 »

Hi,

I just requested for the XML Schema Editor (Trial Version) and I would like to know the detailed steps to generate various XML docs from elements which resides in the respective schemas. The Schemas (.xsd files) reside in Linux.

Please provide me with detailed steps on generating various xml docs from the .xsd schema files.

Thanks.
Chuks
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You should use the action called Generate Sample XML Files available on the Tools menu. This action displays the dialog with the same name (Generate Sample XML Files) in which you have to set the URL of the XML Schema, the name of the root element, the number of generated XML documents, prefix - namespace bindings, etc. All these parameters that you can set in the dialog are explained in the User Manual. After setting the parameters just press the OK button to start generating the XML files.

Regards,
Sorin
co9033

Post by co9033 »

Thanks Sorin.

When I try to fill out the "Generate Sample XML File" Dialog box, I cannot seem to add an entry in the "Document-Root" Drop-Down Feild. How do I get an entry into the "Document Root" Feild... I can't seem to run the "Generate Sample XML File" without an entry into the "Document-Field".

Can you please advise me on how to go about this.

Thanks.
Chuks
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

First you must specify the XML Schema for which you want to generate the XML instance files. When you enter the URL of the XML Schema in the "URL" field oXygen automatically places the possible document root elements in the "Document root" combo where you can specify the document root that you need for your generated XML files.

Regards,
Sorin