Two JATS DTD in XML Catalog

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
jblair

Two JATS DTD in XML Catalog

Post by jblair »

I'm having trouble with what appears to be conflicting DTD catalogs when validating XML files.

I have two DTDS in the JATS family specified in the XML Catalog of the Preferences tab.

file:/C:/JATS-Publishing-1-1d1-MathML2-DTD/catalog-jats-v1-1d1-with-base.xml
file:/C:/JATS-Archiving-1.1d1-MathML2-DTD/catalog-jats-v1-1d1-with-base.xml

When validating a file using the second DTD (Archiving) I get an error that the system is looking for a file in the first DTD path (JATS-Publishing-1-1d1-MathML2-DTD

Error message:
FileNotFoundException-C:\JATS-Publishing-1-1d1-MathML2-DTD\JATS-archivearticle1.dtd (The system cannot find the file specified)

As you see, it's looking in the Publishing version of the DTD, for some reason, instead of the Archiving DTD.

If I remove the Publishing XML catalog (first path) the file validates perfectly fine. Can the two not co-exist?
adrian

Re: Two JATS DTD in XML Catalog

Post by adrian »

Hi,

I've seen the two JATS XML catalogs and for whatever reason they are identical even though some DTDs are missing from one distribution and other DTDs are missing from the other distribution.
The only reasonable solution I see is to merge the two folders into one (files of the same name are identical). You can use the Diff Directories tool from Oxygen, compare the two folders, copy all the missing files to one of the folders and use the XML catalog from that.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jblair

Re: Two JATS DTD in XML Catalog

Post by jblair »

Thanks Adrian.

Copying the missing Archive files over to the Publishing directory worked.

Best,
Julie