Problem when generating WebHelp output using <part> element

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
yiyi_vivi

Problem when generating WebHelp output using <part> element

Post by yiyi_vivi »

Hi all,

I'm using Oxygen XML Editor 14.2 right now. I had a problem when I generated the WebHelp output if I use <part> in a bookmap. I didn't make any changes to the stylesheet yet. I checked the output folder, the files are all transformed to html, however, in index.html, or index_frames.html, the files which referenced using <part> in the bookmap didn't show up.

For example, in my bookmap.ditamap file, I had the following files referenced.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE bookmap PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA BookMap//EN" "bookmap.dtd">
<bookmap>
<booktitle>
<mainbooktitle>ABCD</mainbooktitle>
</booktitle>

<part href="aaa.dita"/>

<part href="bbb.dita">
<chapter href="ccc.dita"/>
</part>
</bookmap>
The output html file only shows ccc.html, both in the TOC and the content.

I'm wondering which xsl file I should take a look at and modify.

Thanks,
Ivy
sorin_ristache

Re: Problem when generating WebHelp output using <part> element

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Ivy,

It is a bug which we will fix in the next maintenance build of Oxygen 14.2. For fixing the problem in the current build of Oxygen please replace your file [Oxygen-14.2-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\toc_dita.xsl with this file.

Regards,
Sorin
yiyi_vivi

Post by yiyi_vivi »

Hi Sorin,

Thank you so much for your reply. However, when I generated the WebHelp output after replacing toc_dita.xsl, the transformation failed.

Code: Select all

dita.out.map.webhelp.toc:
[xslt] Transforming into C:\Yi\CrossAsset\BeginnerGuide\beginner_guide\out\webhelp
[xslt] Processing C:\Yi\CrossAsset\BeginnerGuide\beginner_guide\temp\webhelp\oxygen_dita_temp\nxca_beginner_guide.ditamap to C:\Yi\CrossAsset\BeginnerGuide\beginner_guide\out\webhelp\toc.html
[xslt] Loading stylesheet C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\map2xhtmtoc.xsl
[xslt] : Warning! Stylesheet module file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor%2014/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT/xsl/common/dita-utilities.xsl is included or imported more than once. This is permitted, but may lead to errors or unexpected behavior
[xslt] Processing C:\Yi\CrossAsset\BeginnerGuide\beginner_guide\temp\webhelp\oxygen_dita_temp\nxca_beginner_guide.ditamap to C:\Yi\CrossAsset\BeginnerGuide\beginner_guide\out\webhelp\toc.xml
[xslt] Loading stylesheet C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\toc_dita.xsl
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\dita-utilities.xsl:111:58: Fatal Error! No template exists named output-message
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\dita-utilities.xsl:120:58: Fatal Error! No template exists named output-message
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\dita-utilities.xsl:131:54: Fatal Error! No template exists named output-message
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\dita-utilities.xsl:162:58: Fatal Error! No template exists named output-message
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\dita-utilities.xsl:171:58: Fatal Error! No template exists named output-message
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\dita-utilities.xsl:182:54: Fatal Error! No template exists named output-message
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\toc_dita.xsl:63:69: Fatal Error! No template exists named replace-extension
[xslt] C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor 14\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\xsl\toc_dita.xsl:71:69: Fatal Error! No template exists named replace-extension
Should I define any templates before or import any xsl files at the beginning in toc_dita.xsl?

Thanks again,
Ivy
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Sorry, that toc_dita.xsl contained a call to a template that was not present in version 14.2. I just replaced it with the correct version for 14.2, please get new the new version of the file.

Regards,
Sorin
yiyi_vivi

Post by yiyi_vivi »

It works now, thanks Sorin.

Best,
Ivy
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that this problem has been resolved in the latest maintenance build of Oxygen 14.2, 2013040919 (released on April 10th):
WebHelp/DITA: The part/@href references from bookmaps did not appear in the output TOC.
You can download it from our web site:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/download.html

The list of bug-fixes can be found here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/build_history.html#2013040919

You can follow the release/build RSS feed here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/rssBuildID.xml

The Oxygen preferences will be preserved since they are located elsewhere (user home folder).

Let us know if you encounter further problems with this new build.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support