deep-chapter-scope without numbering sections or stopping at a point

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
verostarry

deep-chapter-scope without numbering sections or stopping at a point

Post by verostarry »

Hi,
I have a couple of questions about the deep-chapter-scope numbering detailed here: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... intro.html.
It appears to be what I need - page numbering that resets at each chapter. It's introducing two issues out of the box that may be a bad interaction with my CSS or something. First, I don't want sections to also be numbered. I just care about page numbering per chapter. Second, while the first part of the numbering works, the second stops at either 5 or 15 depending on what ditamap I'm generating a manual from. For example, I can have a chapter footer that says Page 10 of 5. It keeps counting above its lower limit, but I want I want the lower limit to be the number of pages in a chapter, not to stop at 5 or 15.
Copying the snippets of our CSS that have to do with numbering. Can also send a full CSS if helpful.

Code: Select all

*[class ~= "map/map"] > *[class ~= "toc/toc"] + *[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-chapter],
*[class ~= "map/map"] > *[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-frontmatter] + *[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-chapter] {
  counter-reset: page 1;
}
*[class ~= "map/map"] > *[class ~= "toc/toc"] + *[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-part],
*[class ~= "map/map"] > *[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-frontmatter] + *[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-part] {
  counter-reset: page 1 chapter;
}

Code: Select all

*[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-chapter]:not([is-part]) > *[class ~= "topic/title"]:before {
    content: counter(chapter) ". " !important;
}
*[class ~= "map/topicmeta"] > *[class ~= "topic/navtitle"]:before {
    display:none !important; 
}
*[class ~= "map/map"][numbering^='deep'] *[class ~= "topic/topic"][outputclass="before-toc"] + *:not([outputclass="before-toc"]) {
    counter-reset: chapter;
}
*[class ~= "map/map"][numbering^='deep'] 
*[class ~= "map/topicref"][is-chapter]:not([is-part])[outputclass ~= 'zero-numbering'] 
> *[class ~= "map/topicmeta"] + *[class ~= "map/topicref"]{
    counter-increment:none;    
}

*[class ~= "map/map"][numbering^='deep'] 
*[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-chapter]:not([is-part])[outputclass ~= 'zero-numbering'] > *[class ~= "topic/topic"] {
    counter-increment:none;
}
*[class ~= "map/map"] {
	counter-reset: chapter 3
	toc-chapter 3
	figcount 0
	tablecount 0
}

*[class ~= "topic/topic"][is-chapter]:not([is-part]):not([is-index]){
    counter-increment:chapter toc-chapter;
    counter-reset: section1;
}
@page :left, :right, chapter{
  @bottom-center {
    content: string(maptitle) " \A" counter(page) " of " counter(pages) !important;

}
  @bottom-right-corner{          content:"Rev 2: 08-22-2022"  }
  @bottom-left-corner{          content:"Effectivity: SN714-900" !important }
}
julien_lacour

Re: deep-chapter-scope without numbering sections or stopping at a point

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

I tried to create a sample with the given CSS and the numbering look correct to me.
deep-chapter-scope.zip
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Could you indicate which structure your ditamap have, you can start from my sample and update it to reproduce the error.
Then I will be able to analyze and fix any problem.

Regards,
Julien