Don't want my SVG diagram in an image modal

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
toolie

Don't want my SVG diagram in an image modal

Post by toolie »

Hi there, I'm working with a complex SVG file in which I need to put over a dozen hyperlinks. I know how to do that properly within the SVG, but when I transform the doc set to webhelp-responsive, the SVG image ends up in a modal preview, and the hotspots disappear. I do NOT want to use an image map -- that will take FOREVER to set up.

I have scaled down the SVG so that it fits within the width of the page. How can I get my SVG diagram to appear:
  • Inline with the HTML
  • NOT in a modal preview
  • Have the hyperlinks work?
Please advise, and thank you!
Toolie Garner
Costin

Re: Don't want my SVG diagram in an image modal

Post by Costin »

Hi toolie,

There is a dedicated parameter which is used to present images displayed at a smaller dimension than the original size in a modal preview.
The parameter is called "webhelp.show.full.size.image", so you could set it to "no" in the parameters tab of the WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario to avoid this.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
toolie

Post by toolie »

Thank you for your response Costin. I changed the parameter as described, and now I don't get the lightbox, BUT there is still a hover effect that's preventing me from accessing the inserted hyperlinks in the SVG file.

How do I disable that hover effect?

Toolie
Toolie Garner
alin
Site Admin

Post by alin »

Hello,

You can try to use the following custom CSS rules to disable the unwanted hover effect:

Code: Select all

img.image:not(img[usemap]) {
    cursor: initial;
}

img.image:not(img[usemap]):hover {
    opacity: initial;
}
I have registered an issue to correct this behavior.

Regards,
Alin
Alin Balasa
Software Developer
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com