Oxygen Auhtor (Eclipse Version) and Java 11

<oXygen/> general issues.
SNO

Oxygen Auhtor (Eclipse Version) and Java 11

Post by SNO » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi,

we're using the Oxygen XML-Author (com.oxygenxml.author) Plugin in our Eclipse-RCP Application.

Since were migrating our Application Code to Java-SE 11, we run into troubles because the oxygen.xml.author Plugin has jars on it's bundle Classpath which export packages that already exists in the JRE 11-Librarys.
(Namly the xml-apis.jar export packages that are exported by java11 in the java.xml module)

Because we use imports of java.xml in a Plugin that depends on the oxygen.xmlauthor Plugin the packages cannot be resolved because they exist in more than one module

Eclipse Error Message:

Code: Select all

The package javax.xml.transform.sax is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed>, java.xml
Could you give us advice how to fix or workaround this issue?

Best Regards
Stefan
Stefan Nöbauer
Senior Solution Architect
KGU-Consulting GmbH

Radu

Re: Oxygen Auhtor (Eclipse Version) and Java 11

Post by Radu » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi Stefan,

We still build our Eclipse plugin using Java 1.8 and when installed in Eclipse it is compatible with both Java 1.8 and 9+.
So in the Oxygen plugin's "MANIFEST.MF" indeed we have in the "Bundle-ClassPath" a reference to our own "xml-apis.jar" located in the Oxygen "lib" folder.
I don't know what to advice you, I think this is more or a compilation problem than a runtime problem. Maybe you can modify the Oxygen plugin and remove from its MANIFEST.MF its reference to the xml-apis.jar to bypass the compilation problem. I'll add an internal issue on our side to try the same thing and see maybe in the future avoid distributing the xml-apis.jar completely if it's identical to the one in the Java JRE libraries list.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

SNO

Post by SNO » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Hi Radu,

thanks, we modified the classpath and we will see.

Regards
Stefan
Stefan Nöbauer
Senior Solution Architect
KGU-Consulting GmbH

Radu

Post by Radu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Hi Stefan,

Ok, I'll also look on our side if we can completely remove that jar library.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com