Option to Not Save Associated Transformation Scenarios to Project File

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.
dreifsnider

Option to Not Save Associated Transformation Scenarios to Project File

Post by dreifsnider » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:06 am

Hello,

My team currently uses Git to source all our project files, including the actual Oxygen product file (.xpr).

We store this project file in one repository that we all interact with. When using the project file, we often run into git conflicts for the associated transformation scenarios, because different team members run different transformation scenarios on the same ditamaps.

We'd like the option to not save the associated transformation scenario to the project file. We still want to share the same set of defined transformation scenarios in the project file though.

Thanks!

Daniel

Stereotaxis

Re: Option to Not Save Associated Transformation Scenarios to Project File

Post by Stereotaxis » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:10 pm

I am not sure on how to suggest, looking forward to see the suggestions of others.

Radu

Post by Radu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi,

We are aware of this problem and will work to provide on our side settings to control if the scenario associations should be saved inside the project XPR file or not. We'll update this forum thread when a fix becomes available.
In the meantime maybe you can create an XPR document that is committed to Git but the tech writers would need to duplicate it and use the duplicate XPR in the Oxygen application, so that they never commit by mistake changes in the original XPR.
Something like this:

viewtopic.php?p=56011#p56114

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

dreifsnider

Post by dreifsnider » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:01 am

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your reply. That's exciting that you're planning on addressing this in a future update and is greatly appreciated!

I implemented the stopgap solution you reference and it appears to be working okay at the moment. To better assist the team, I also implemented a small Git script to automatically copy the "master" project file to the repository's root whenever someone pulls.

Thanks again,

Daniel