Calling the transformation scenario from the command line

<oXygen/> general issues.

Calling the transformation scenario from the command line

Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:39 pm

Is there any way to invoke a defined transformation scenario from a command line, that is, without launching the Oxygen's GUI?
Or, alternatively, is there any way to export/translate a scenario into a command line that can be used later for a different purpose?

I have some problems with the configuration of the working environment, that is, geting all the elements of the tool chain working properly. I need to automate the transformation step, but the error messages from Xerces, Xalan, Saxon, and other processors are not very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Site Admin

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:24 pm

Hi Zby,

No, we do not have the possibility to run a transformation scenario from command line. This is one of the features on our todo list and will be available in a future release. You should be able to create an ant script to perform the transformations outside oXygen or eventually a batch file.

Best Regards,

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:27 pm

Thanks George.
I know I would be able to write such a script but the problem is that I cannot set up the tool chain. I do not know if it is a problem with XML catalogs or path configuration or something else. Error messages from the transformers are not very usable, unfortunately.

Return to “Other Issues”