DITA specialization not working in Web Author

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
anttirauramo

DITA specialization not working in Web Author

Post by anttirauramo »

Hi! I have a DITA specialization that I'm trying to get working in Web Author running in standalone tomcat. The specialization is implemented as a DITA OT plugin. It is working in Oxygen and I verified that it's using the plugin's catalog.xml for associations. The framework also works using the Oxygen XML Web Author Test Server Add-on.

Then I...:
  1. copy Oxygen XML Editor 17/frameworks/dita to bundle-frameworks/oxygen-frameworks
  2. mvn clean install
  3. deploy oxygen-sample-webapp/target/oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp.war to tomcat
  4. (copy license.properties to oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp/WEB-INF as I'm still using a trial license for the webapp)
  5. open http://localhost:8080/oxygen-sdk-sample ... l?url=http... (path to a specialized sample topic)
The document opens but validation fails:
  • Invalid XML Schema: urn:fi.index.the-customer.dipa:doctypes:dita:ditaRYL, unknown protocol: urn
  • There is no schema or DTD associated with the document. You can create ...
Not sure if this is the reason, but when I try to see if my schemas are included in the catalog, I see double entries in the zip file:
  • tomcat/webapps/oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp/WEB-INF/frameworks.zip/dita/DITA-OT/catalog-dita.xml
  • tomcat/webapps/oxygen-sdk-sample-webapp/WEB-INF/frameworks.zip/dita/DITA-OT/catalog-dita.xml
  • etc
There a not doubles for all the files, but for some. The doubles have different dates. The newer catalog has my schemas, the older one doesn't.

How can this be? What am I doing wrong?

(Yes, I realize that my desktop XML Editor is 17.x and Web Author is 18.x, I'll update the editor as the next effort to see if that makes a difference...)
cristi_talau

Re: DITA specialization not working in Web Author

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

When doing mvn clean install both your custom frameworks and the oxygen default framework are copied to the same directory. Apparently instead of overwriting each other the two files appear both in the ZIP file.

One solution would be to go to the bundle-frameworks/pom.xml and delete the line with:

Code: Select all

<include name="dita/**"/>
This will stop the default DITA framework from being loaded.

Best,
Cristian
anttirauramo

Post by anttirauramo »

Oh. Not really good news, but at least some consistency: I updated my Oxygen to 18.1, update the Web Author test server add-on, and the specialization also stopped working using the Web Author test server, it now has the same problem as the standalone tomcat.

So now I have a working specialization plugin;
  • Oxygen resolves the schema by using the plugin's catalog (verified by changing uri's in the catalog, running integrator and trying to validate),
  • the document validates and
  • transforms using DITA OT.
But when I hit "Start Web Author Server" (or copy the framework to SDK and build and deploy to standalone tomcat) the document doesn't validate, "There is no schema or DTD associated with the document." What, oh what am I doing wrong?
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

What you describe looks to be a regression in Web Author 18.1. It's hard to troubleshoot the problem from this description. It would help if you could send the framework and a sample file so that I can reproduce the problem on my side. You can use our support email address: support@oxygenxml.com to send the files.

Best,
Cristian
anttirauramo

Post by anttirauramo »

Ah yes, now it’s working. With help from Cristian I found two problems in my setup:
1) My plugin was originally only in DITA-OT, not 2.x. I did change Web Author to use 1.x at one point, but that was when there were double entries in the zip file, the setting got reverted and I didn’t change it again.
2) I did copy the plugin to 2.x, but the integrator transformation scenario was only running in 1.x, so it didn’t add my catalog to the DITA-OT2.x catalog.

After running the integrator properly in DITA-OT2.x the Web Author is now working. Thank you for the help, Cristian!