Buggy Windowing Behavor under Linux

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
agnathan

Buggy Windowing Behavor under Linux

Post by agnathan »

I upgraded to Oxygen 9.2 this morning on my Ubuntu 8.04 box and found that none of the side panels are able to resize. Further, if I click on the icons to make the window sticky the window closes and afterwards all clicking on the sidebar icons results in the window closing. If I initally toogle the floating mode the window behavour is ok, but I have to keep the window hovering above my work ... which I find annoying but usable.
sorin_ristache

Re: Buggy Windowing Behavor under Linux

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

What is the Java version that you used with the previous version of Oxygen? You can find it by running a command

Code: Select all

java -version
in a command line console.

Regards,
Sorin
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

I think that this problem occurs because the linux application launcher for v9.2 sets the default AWT toolkit to MToolkit when compiz is running. If you launch the application from the command line using the 'oxygen.sh' script this problem should no longer occur. Can you verify this?

If starting the application with the script (oxygen.sh) fixes the problem, you can go ahead and make the following modifications to the application launcher:
Edit the 'oxygen' file from the installation directory and comment the following lines(add a '#' before each line):

Code: Select all

if [ "$osname" = "Linux" ]; then
compiz=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep compiz`
if [ -n "$compiz" ]; then
export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit
fi
fi
Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

agnathan wrote:none of the side panels are able to resize. Further, if I click on the icons to make the window sticky the window closes and afterwards all clicking on the sidebar icons results in the window closing.
Please download again the Linux kit from the Download page. We uploaded a repackaged version of the same Oxygen build which should fix these Linux display problems. Please make sure that you get the new package by checking the MD5 of your download with the MD5 sum from the page with the download link. Start Oxygen from the oxygen shortcut created by the installer and see if the problems are solved.

Regards,
Sorin