Save XPath for fast naigation buttons

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
rparree

Save XPath for fast naigation buttons

Post by rparree »

Hi,

It would be very helpful to be able to define Xpath expression and assign them to a toolbar button and key.

For example (in a XML document having xxx:page elemnents)
ancestor::xxx:page would bring you to the page you are at

When you click the toolbar button you would go the the first match, using a next/previous option would allow navigation of the last saved goto-xpath

Raphael
sorin_ristache

Re: Save XPath for fast naigation buttons

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I think you can do that with the XPath console or with the XPath Builder view.

The XPath expressions entered in the combo box of the XPath console are stored in the list of the combo box. You can run again an XPath expression that you used before and the matches are displayed in the results view at the bottom of the oXygen window. When you click on a match in the results view the cursor is moved to that match in the XML editor panel. The same is true for the XPath Builder view that stores all the XPath queries executed in this view.

Regards,
Sorin
sanderson

Post by sanderson »

True, but you can't save that between invocations of oxygen.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We will consider saving the XPath expressions entered in the XPath console and the XPath Builder view between invocations of oXygen.

Regards,
Sorin
sanderson

Post by sanderson »

Great.

It'd be really useful to be able to save them off, too, so that I can either share them with others, or create some kind of library for myself.
rparree

Post by rparree »

Hi,

Just to come back to my original request...I would really be great if you could assign a button and/or shortkey to them. It would greatly increase the usability as the saved XPath will be labeled (either by button or by the shortcut).

I also love the idea of some XML file in which these are stored and shared amongst team members.

If this could also be used by people in the authoring mode (our review team) than that would be even better ;)

tx.,

Raphael
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

rparree wrote:I would really be great if you could assign a button and/or shortkey to them. It would greatly increase the usability as the saved XPath will be labeled (either by button or by the shortcut).
We will consider that. Thank you for your request.
rparree wrote:If this could also be used by people in the authoring mode (our review team) than that would be even better
The XPath console and the XPath Builder view are available also in the Author mode so the saved XPath expressions will be executed also in the Author mode.

Regards,
Sorin