Support for SQLite DB

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Zearin

Support for SQLite DB

Post by Zearin »

I'd like to request support for the SQLite Database for database exploring.

In my opinion it's the unsung hero of database types. It's extremely small and efficient, and performs very well. I don't know for certain, but I would also guess that its lightweight footprint makes it a better candidate for conversion to- and from- native XML databases as well.

Here's a courtesy link for more info: http://www.SQLite.org. :wink:
-- Zearin
sorin_ristache

Re: Support for SQLite DB

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You can access an SQLite database from oXygen using a JDBC driver for SQLite. First you have to set up an SQLite data source and after that a JDBC connection based on the data source. The JDBC connection is set up in the same way as a JDBC-ODBC connection. Only the connection URL is different.

Regards,
Sorin
Zearin

Post by Zearin »

Oh, that's great! Thanks very much!
:D
-- Zearin
Zearin

Post by Zearin »

Hmm. I downloaded from the link you provided (thank you!), and I think the right place for the files to live are [path to OXYGEN]/lib/connectors/ . Is this correct?

If so, I put the files in this directory, but I noticed no change in the Data Source "Type" field. I know you said it is similar to regular JDBC, but my understanding was that Oxygen will populate that "Type" dropdown menu with all the connectors it sees.

I think I will be fine with configuring Connections, it's just the Data Source that's got me stumped.
-- Zearin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

As you can read in the User Manual you have to configure any database data source that is not preconfigured by default by selecting the driver jar files manually in the dialog for configuring data sources and selecting the Java class of the driver manually in the combo box with all driver classes detected in the specified jar files. The location of the jar files is not important. The folder [oXygen-install-folder]/lib/connectors contains the jar files for the predefined data sources.

Regards,
Sorin