whitespace-only text nodes in v9.1 Authoring environment

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hatchjk

whitespace-only text nodes in v9.1 Authoring environment

Post by hatchjk »

I think I might be missing something here, and this certainly isn't a major problem, just an annoyance: If an xml doc previously authored and formatted/indented is viewed in the Authoring editor, whitespace-only text nodes are visible. Oxygen's documentation indicates that these nodes, when unprotected, should be ignored by the editor. I read that to mean they shouldn't be visible in the Authoring environment. They aren't being ignored for me.

Actually, v9.0 did ignore them completely. Now v9.1 is not behaving the same way. Anything I can do, either in Oxygen prefs or CSS?

Using Oxygen 9.1 on MacOS.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Indeed in Oxygen 9.1 we've modified a bit the way we normalize whitespace-only text nodes. If that whitespace-only text node has an inline sibling (the css 'display' property set to 'inline'), we consider that it is relevant and we'll keep it as a single space. So sometimes you will have an extra space in some parts of the document (eg: between a block parent and its first child which is inline).

If you encounter situations where you have more than one space in a text which isn't space preserved, maybe you can send us a sample at: support at oxygenxml dot com

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com