Schema Documentation - non-element annotations

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
Jonathan

Schema Documentation - non-element annotations

Post by Jonathan »

I placed annotation and documentation elements outside of element declarations in my schema.
These annotations do not appear in the generated documentation. How can I fix this? Can I tailor the document generation process?
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Noticed that version 9 of oxygen strips html tags in the documentation element.

The documentation element content is:

<xs:documentation><i>element</i> level</xs:documentation>

The resulting html is

<p class="documentation">'element level'</p>

?? - how do I get the Oxygen schema documentation generator to retain the <i></i> html formatting tags?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The HTML tags are preserved only in the annotation/documentation element at the top of a global type declaration or global element declaration which is displayed in the field Documentation at the beginning of the documentation for that declaration. For example if a schema contains the following global declaration:

Code: Select all

<xs:complexType name="ct">
<xs:annotation><xs:documentation><i>Complex Type</i> Level</xs:documentation></xs:annotation>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="element01">
<xs:annotation><xs:documentation><i>element</i> level</xs:documentation></xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>
the <i> and </i> tags are preserved only in the element:

Code: Select all

<xs:annotation><xs:documentation><i>Complex Type</i> Level</xs:documentation></xs:annotation>
We will correct the schema documentation tool to allow HTML tags also in the annotation/documentation of local declarations.

Regards,
Sorin