Eclipse and xsl:message

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
jokester01au

Eclipse and xsl:message

Post by jokester01au »

I have been using xsl:message to debug my stylesheets, and when running them with oxygens debugger I can't find my messages appearing anywhere. Messages that terminate the transformation appear as problems, but even in this case I can't find my message text which contains the actual information about the failure.

In any case I don't want my non-terminal messages to appear as problems. I don't think they should be tags at all. I think they should appear in the "Oxygen messages" console that currently contains stdout/stderr from parsers and validators. How about you pipe xslt output there too?"
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The text of any xsl:message element is displayed in the Messages view of the oXygen XSLT Debugger perspective. It does not matter if it is a terminating message. The difference between a terminating message and a message that just display some text and continues the transformation is that a terminating message also issues an error in the Problems view. The text content of the message is always displayed in the Messages view.

Regards,
Sorin
jokester01au

Post by jokester01au »

Oh, OK, I hadn't noticed that view. Thanks.