DITA to HTML in Oxygen 9

<oXygen/> general issues.
rloconne
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:01 pm

DITA to HTML in Oxygen 9

Post by rloconne » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:46 am

I have been working with the new version of oxygen, and when I try to use the "DITA to HTML" transformation scenario on a ditamap, I get:

[/map {"- map/map "}) [/map/topicref {"- map/topicref "}) [/map/topicref/topicref {"- map/topicref "}) (topicref] (topicref] (map]

I based my test ditamap (see below for the XML I used) on what is provided when you create a new "DITA - Map". I created concept and task files based on the application defaults as well, and put them in a folder named "topics" in the folder where "test-map.xml" is stored. I also tried a version of this experiment in which the topic map file name ended in ".ditamap," with the same results.

What do I need to do to create an HTML document based on these three files?

Thanks,
Rebecca

TEST FILES
-----------
test-map.xml
------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE map PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Map//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/dtd/map.dtd">
<map title="DITA Topic Map">
<topicref href="topics/conceptTopic.xml" type="concept">
<topicref href="topics/taskTopic.xml" type="task"/>
</topicref>
</map>

topics/conceptTopic.xml
-----------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE concept PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Concept//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/dtd/concept.dtd">
<concept id="conceptTopic">
<title>Concept title</title>
<prolog> </prolog>
<conbody>
<p>Concept definition.</p>
</conbody>
</concept>

topics/taskTopic.xml
-----------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE task PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Task//EN" "http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/dtd/task.dtd">
<task id="taskTopic">
<title>Task title</title>
<prolog/>
<taskbody>
<context>
<p>Context for the current task</p>
</context>
<steps>
<step>
<cmd>Task step.</cmd>
</step>
</steps>
</taskbody>
</task>

Radu
Posts: 7099
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:18 pm

Post by Radu » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:17 am

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting us.

For the 9.0 version we decided to provide predefined DITA scenarios only for transforming DITA topics, tasks or concepts to HTML or PDF.
We provided the scenarios because we thought the users may find it useful to see how the topic they are currently editing looks like in HTML or PDF.

The usual way to transform a DITA project (including topics, maps) to HTML or PDF is by using a build.xml file and the ant support available in DITA OT.

We distribute part of the DITA OT in our framework directory including all DITA stylesheets however for transforming maps the DITA OT libraries are also required.
They can be found in the full DITA OT toolkit:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=132728

Basically, in order to create a HTML for a DITA map you have to create a scenario in which to apply the "xsl/map2htmtoc.xsl" from the DITA OT and add to the scenario as extensions the jar files which are found in the DITA OT "lib" directory.
The scenario "FILEREF" parameter also needs to be configured (usually to "./") so that the stylesheet resolves correctly the map references.

Before creating the HTML output of the map, the topic and task files will need to be transformed separately using the DITA to HTML default scenario already defined in Oxygen.


Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Post Reply