auto-expand & ignore comments

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
mvkleef

auto-expand & ignore comments

Post by mvkleef »

Hello,

Is there a way to auto-expand all expandable content on opening a XML file with Oxygen and Grid view? (Grid view is the default view for me).

Also, is there a way to leave out all the XML comments from the Grid view when opening a XML file with Oxygen? I am not interested in comments.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You can expand all the elements by right-clicking on the root element in the Grid editor and selecting Expand/Collapse -> Expand All. This cannot be done automatically when the file is opened in the Grid editor. You have to execute the action manually.

No, the comments cannot be ignored. All the content of the XML file is displayed in the Grid editor. We will consider adding an option for ignoring the comments from the Grid editor.

Regards,
Sorin
mvkleef

Post by mvkleef »

Thanks for the swift reply. I'm looking forward to seeing this option in a next release, for now I guess I'll just keep my XML files free of comments. Too bad the elements could not be auto-expanded.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

If the document is large auto-expanding all elements automatically may take a very long time so it cannot be done by default when the XML document is opened in the Grid editor. If you want to expand all the elements this is very simple: right click on the root element and select Expand/Collapse -> Expand All.

Regards,
Sorin