Eclipse 3.3, Oxygen 8.2: Error when opening XSLT files

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hschmitt

Eclipse 3.3, Oxygen 8.2: Error when opening XSLT files

Post by hschmitt »

Hi,
I have Eclipse 3.3 with Oxygen 8.2 installed
When I open an XSLT 2.0 file the message appears:
[Saxon8B] javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.setXIncludeAware(Z)V
I tried to disable all Oxygen XInclude options, but it did not work.

Also, the"Format and Indent" Button does not work with XML files.[/img]
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It seems the Java virtual machine which runs Eclipse is a version 1.4.x one and includes an older version of Xerces possibly in the lib/endorsed folder. The API of older versions of Xerces does not provide the SAXParserFactory.setXIncludeAware(boolean) method. oXygen comes with its own Xerces version but if Xerces comes with the JVM it has priority and if it is an older version you get that error.

What are the values of the properties java.vm.version, java.vm.vendor and java.endorsed.dirs displayed in Hlep -> About Eclipse -> Configuration Details? What does the folder that is the value of java.endorsed.dirs contain?

Regards,
Sorin
hschmitt

Post by hschmitt »

Indeed I ran JVM 1.4 to startup eclipse.
I changed it with the -vm eclispe startup parameter and everything works now fine.

You could consider to show a warning at install time, when jvm < 1.5 is discovered?

Thank you for the correct and quick help!
Harald
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

oXygen still supports Java 1.4.2 so we cannot display such a warning. This error normally does not occur because the JVM from Sun Microsystems does not come with a Xerces version in the lib/endorsed folder so the Xerces version which comes with oXygen is used.

Regards,
Sorin