Difficulty browsing over WebDAV

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
gammoth

Difficulty browsing over WebDAV

Post by gammoth »

Hi all,

Not to be a [url=http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=292]pest about WebDAV or anything[/url], but I have difficulty browsing over WebDAV using the 'Open URI' dialog.

[Disclousure: My previous file-writing-over-WebDAV problems were entirely my fault and due to my misconfigured proxy setting. oXygen was operating correctly regarding writes and continues to operate correctly now that I have corrected the proxy setting. Apologies to the staff there for not considering this obvious solution!]

I'm getting '301 Permanently moved' errors because the HTTP request does not include the trailing slash even if I explicitly put one in. I can get around this problem by putting in two trailing slashes, but then I still don't have the benefit of clicking on the graphical directory tree. When using the tree, the trailing slash is omitted.

For example, let's say my WebDAV enabled directory on my server is /devdocs (relative to the DocumentRoot). In the 'Server URI' field of the 'Open URI' dialog, I enter 'http://myserver.com/devdocs/'. In the tree panel, the '301 - Permanently moved' status message is displayed. Looking in my server log file, I see that the actual URI requested was '/devdocs' (no trailing slash). The server correctly (or perhaps conveniently) responds with a '301 - permanently moved' status message along with a redirect to the new location, ie '/devdocs/'.

(HTTP servers reply with a 301 redirect so that images and other resources with a relative path will have valid URIs in any index.html file.)

Sure enough, if I enter '/devdocs//' (two trailing slashes), the HTTP request is successful and I get the graphical directory tree. Looking in the server logs I see the actual request was for '/devdocs/' (one trailing slash). In the graphical directory tree, clicks on actual files works fine, but clicking on directories does not.

Before anyone goes any further, I will be happy to eat Humple Pie again if this can be fixed with a configuration tweak!!!

Best regards,
Jonathan
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yes, this was a problem in our browsing component. We have fixed it and the fix will be available in version 3.1.

Thank you for reporting it!

Best regards,
Dan
gammoth

Thanks!

Post by gammoth »

At the risk of sounding juvenile, let me just say, you guys rock!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jonathan