Confirm message when starting XSLT2.0 transformation with X.

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
walterbt

Confirm message when starting XSLT2.0 transformation with X.

Post by walterbt »

Hi all,

sorry for my english :)

I'm using Oxygen 8.2 trial because our company wants to change from Altova to Oxygen. We use XSLT2.0 with Xalan on our production system.

When I'm using XSLT 2.0 with the default installed Xalan processor I always get a confirm message "The Stylesheet has the version 2.0, but you have chosen a transformer for XSLT version 1.0. Some of the XSLT 2.0 features will not be supported. We recommend changing to the Saxon 8 processor. Do you want to continue?"

This message is really annoying because I must confirm the message with every transformation and can't find an option to stop the message.

Can somebody help me?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The Xalan transformer can run only XSLT 1.0 transformations. If you want to apply an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet you need an XSLT 2.0 transformer, for example Saxon 8. This is what the confirm message says and it is a warning that an XSLT 1.0 transformer will process an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet which probably will not generate the output that you expect. I think the warning is very useful when the user selects a wrong transformer or does not know if the transformer is able to process an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet like in your case.

Regards,
Sorin