Integrating Ant into standalone oXygen

Oxygen general issues.
Zearin

Integrating Ant into standalone oXygen

Post by Zearin »

Hello,

I'm running oXygen on a MacBook 13" OS X "Tiger" (10.4). I definitely have Ant installed (I've used it from Eclipse), and I have oXygen installed.

However, when I look at the instructions for integrating Ant into oXygen, I'm confused. When I go to Preferences->External Tools, I see no option for adding an entry for an External Tool. I'm at a loss to know why this is…

Little help? :D
-- Zearin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

For integrating Ant in oXygen as external tool you should follow the User Manual procedure. In the Preferences -> External Tools panel you must press the New button for creating a new external tool and in the dialog that is displayed you must enter the name, description, command line, etc. of the external tool. If you get an error when you try to run the external tool please specify what is the error message.

Regards,
Sorin
Charlie Williams

Preferences > External Tools > New?

Post by Charlie Williams »

Hello,
I've been looking through the oXygen Help files for a way to add HTML Help Workshop as an external tool, but I must be missing something. I don't see a "New" button anywhere on the Preference dialog. Also the External Tools menu on the tool bar is unavailable. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm using a "try out" license?

Can you or anyone provide a little more information?

Thanks,
Charlie
sorin wrote:Hello,

For integrating Ant in oXygen as external tool you should follow the User Manual procedure. In the Preferences -> External Tools panel you must press the New button for creating a new external tool and in the dialog that is displayed you must enter the name, description, command line, etc. of the external tool. If you get an error when you try to run the external tool please specify what is the error message.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

No, the trial license does not limit the functions of the application. Go to the link which I specified in my previous post and follow the procedure for configuring an external tool in oXygen. The New button is in the External Tools panel which is opened from menu Options -> Preferences -- External Tools as you can read in that procedure. After creating the external tool in the External Tools panel press OK in the Preferences dialog and display the External Tools toolbar by right clicking in the toolbar area and selecting External Tools from the popup menu.

Regards,
Sorin
Charlie Williams

Add external tools

Hello Sorin,

Thanks for the reply. I own a personal oXygen license for my home computer. I downloaded a trial version for my computer here at work. Now I can work both here and there, at least for a while.

Last evening, I launched oXygen at home, proceeded through the steps to add an external tool, and the "New" button was available. I read your message this morning and tried the procedure here at work. There is no New button on the Preferences dialog here at work. For some reason I don't understand, I cannot add an external tool here at work, but I can at home. I'm running WinXP on both machines.

Thanks,
Charlie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Charlie,

Do you mean that at work you run oXygen also on a Windows XP machine but the New button is not displayed in the External Tools panel of the Preferences dialog? That is very strange. Are the buttons New, Delete and Edit not displayed at the bottom of the table with 3 columns (Name, Shortcut Key, Description) which lists the external tools defined by the oXygen user? Can you post a screenshot of the External Tools panel? What is the value of the properties java.vm.version and java.vm.vendor available in the System properties tab of the Help -> About dialog box?

Regards,
Sorin
Charlie Williams

Buttons not visible

Hello Sorin,

That's what is happening. At home on my XP machine, the External Tools functionality works correctly. At work on my XP machine, it doesn't work. I have screenshots, but I don't see a way to post them from this screen.

Regards,
Charlie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

You can enclose the URL of the screenshot hosted on a public Web server with the [img] tag when you compose the forum post or you can send us the screenshot.

Regards,
Sorin
adrian

Re: Integrating Ant into standalone oXygen

Post by adrian »

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but since it has no resolution I think I'd better clarify some things.

When the Preferences dialog is too large does not fit the screen the option panes are displayed with scroll bars. This is a fallback for low resolutions(<1024x768) but it is sometimes triggered by a bug which enlarges the dialog outside its normal boundaries.

Now the problem is this behaviour is quite uncommon for a graphical user interface and most users don't realize that they have to move the scrollbars from the right and bottom so that they can see the New, Edit, Remove, etc buttons in the External Tools option pane.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com