XSLT debugger doesn't update itself if a file is renamed

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jokester01au

XSLT debugger doesn't update itself if a file is renamed

Post by jokester01au »

1. Switch to XSLT debugger perspective.
2. open an xml file via the navigator view.
3. right click on that file in the navigator view and select rename.
4. type in a new name.
5. The debugger panel still shows the old filename, and when run is selected, nothing happens. No error message is shown either, which is a problem in itself.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Thank you for reporting the problem. The combo boxes with the available XML files and XSL files should be updated when a file listed by them is renamed. We will fix this in a future version of the oXygen plugin for Eclipse.
jokester01au wrote:5. The debugger panel still shows the old filename, and when run is selected, nothing happens. No error message is shown either, which is a problem in itself.
I am not sure I understand this step. Is the renamed file already opened in an editor panel when the Rename operation is executed in the Navigator view? If yes then I can see that the title of the editor panel is updated correctly when the Eclipse resource is renamed and also I can see that the result of the transformation is the same. Do you mean that before the Rename operation the transformation run in the Debugger generates a different result? Please specify the names of the XML file and XSL file that are used in the transformation before and after the Rename operation and what XML files and XSL files are opened in editor panels in the XSLT Debugger perspective.

Regards,
Sorin
jokester01au

Post by jokester01au »

Is the renamed file already opened in an editor panel when the Rename operation is executed in the Navigator view?
Yes
If yes then I can see that the title of the editor panel is updated correctly when the Eclipse resource is renamed
Yes, that is the same for me.
and also I can see that the result of the transformation is the same.
Hmm, yes, when I try it again, I get the same transformation result. This is puzzling because I do not believe that this was the case before; it is why I reported the problem. But I suspect that it previously failed to run for some other reason.

What is definitely incorrect is the filename displayed in the "XML" combo box in the "XSLT Debugger" view (the run/stop panel).
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

jokester01au wrote:What is definitely incorrect is the filename displayed in the "XML" combo box in the "XSLT Debugger" view (the run/stop panel).
sorin wrote:Thank you for reporting the problem. The combo boxes with the available XML files and XSL files should be updated when a file listed by them is renamed. We will fix this in a future version of the oXygen plugin for Eclipse.[/sorin]

Yes, we will fix that in a future version.

Regards,
Sorin