Footnote number are not allocated as super index

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
dleal

Footnote number are not allocated as super index

Post by dleal »

Dear member,

Under Docbook 5.0, I have detected that when transforming via FOP into PDF, it doesn't arrange the footnote number property, it get the as normal text instead of superindex font after.

For HTML document generation it works fine

Do I have to configure something?

Thanks in advance,

David
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I created a simple Docbook 5 document starting from the "Docbook 5.0 Book" document template of oXygen, I inserted a footnote element in a para element inside a sect1, I applied the predefined transformation scenario called "Docbook PDF" and the PDF result contained the superscript 1 in the para content at the location of the footnote with the footnote text at the bottom of the page.

Where did you insert the footnote element in your Docbook 5 document? Can you post a small sample of a Docbook 5 document for which the footnote is not rendered correctly in the PDF result? Did you set any XSLT parameters?

Regards,
Sorin
dleal

Post by dleal »

Dear Sorin,

For example on the following situation:

Code: Select all

<itemizedlist>
<listitem>
<simpara>Poca confianza en la comunidad <foreignphrase>Open Source</foreignphrase>
<footnote>
<simpara>Curiosamente se promulga a la vez el trabajo en equipo sin precisamente
hacer un buen uso del mayor equipo del mundo que es la Comunidad Internacional de
Programadores.</simpara>
</footnote>. </simpara>
</listitem>
</itemizedlist>
I get the following result on my code:

* Poca confianza en la comunidad open source 1

I get the same result with the default PDF transformatio and using my own configuration:

mydocbook.xsl:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
<!-- Reference to the standard docbook stylesheet -->
<xsl:import href="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
<!-- Custom CCS-->
<xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'estilo.css'"/>
<xsl:param name="html.stylesheet.type">text/css</xsl:param>
<!-- Parametros TOC -->
<xsl:param name="toc.section.depth">2</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="section.autolabel" select="2"/>

<xsl:param name="hyphenate.verbatim">0</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="paper.type">A4</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="draft.mode">no</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="admon.graphics.extension">.gif</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="admon.graphics.path">images/admons/</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="admon.graphics">1</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="verbatim.shade">1</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="shade.verbatim">1</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="ulink.show">0</xsl:param>
<xsl:attribute-set name="verbatim.properties">
<xsl:attribute name="space-before.minimum">0.8em</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="space-before.optimum">1em</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="space-before.maximum">1.2em</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="space-after.minimum">0.8em</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="space-after.optimum">1em</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="space-after.maximum">1.2em</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
<xsl:attribute-set name="monospace.verbatim.properties" use-attribute-sets="verbatim.properties
monospace.properties">
<xsl:attribute name="text-align">start</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="font-size">75%</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="wrap-option">wrap</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="hyphenation-character">&#x25BA;</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="linefeed-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
</xsl:stylesheet>
Thanks in advance,

David
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
dleal wrote:I get the following result on my code:

* Poca confianza en la comunidad open source 1

I get the same result with the default PDF transformatio
I tried the predefined Docbook PDF scenario on your sample and in the PDF output the footnote marker is a superscript with a smaller font than the normal text. Did you modify the Docbook PDF scenario?

Regards,
Sorin
dleal

Post by dleal »

Dear Sorin,

I am using default transformation, I have addapted version, using mydocbook.xsl file, as I showed you, but I get the same problem with my configuration and with the default one.

I am using Oxygen 7.0.0, that doesn't come with Docbook 5.0, what I did was to copy the directories from the Oxygen 8.0.0, into the Oxygen 7.0.0, instalation, i.e.:

frameworks/docbook/docbook/5.0
frameworks/docbook/docbook/xsl
catalog.xml
Probably it is wrong, but everything works except this one.

Thanks in advance,

David

If you want I can send to you my frameworks/docbook/docbook/xsl/fo/footnote.xsl file. Me e-mail is: achepati67@yahoo.es
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
dleal wrote:I am using default transformation, I have addapted version, using mydocbook.xsl file, as I showed you, but I get the same problem with my configuration and with the default one.

I am using Oxygen 7.0.0, that doesn't come with Docbook 5.0
I also tried your sample with <itemizedlist> that includes a <footnote> with the default Docbook PDF scenario of the Eclipse plugin version 7.2.0 and it works correctly: the footnote marker has a smaller font than normal text and footnote text is at the bottom of the page. So I got the same result as with oXygen 8.1. You say you use the plugin version 7.0.0 so you have a license key that works also with version 7.2.0. Do you get the correct footnote output with the default Docbook PDF scenario in the version 7.2.0 of the Eclipse plugin and also in oXygen 8.1 without modifying the default scenario?

Regards,
Sorin
dleal

Post by dleal »

Dear Sorin,

I have tested my document under Oxygen 8.0.0 and it works, I have used as transformation escenario Docbook PDF 8.0, with the norma transformation, I get the same problem (DocbookPDF).

Thanks in advance,

David

P.D.: I am using java 1.5_10 and Eclipse 3.2. Thanks any way.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello David,

I get the correct footnote output in the PDF result of the predefined Docbook PDF scenario both with the oXygen 8.1.0 plugin and with the oXygen 7.2.0 plugin. That is the footnote mark is a superscript with a smaller font than normal text. I get the same result in oXygen standalone so I think you modified one or more parameters of the Docbook PDF scenario which comes with oXygen. Please close Eclipse or the oXygen standalone application, rename the [login-user-name]/Application Data/com.oxygenxml folder, start oXygen again, enter the license key again when the registration dialog is displayed and apply the Docbook PDF scenario on the Docbook document which contains the footnote element. Is the footnote generated correctly in the PDF result?

Renaming the [login-user-name]/Application Data/com.oxygenxml folder sets all the preferences including the transformation scenarios to the default values. In oXygen standalone this is the same as running the Options -> Reset Global Options action.

Regards,
Sorin