Possible to Hide Excluded Content?

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dreifsnider

Possible to Hide Excluded Content?

Post by dreifsnider »

I saw that Web Author 26.1 includes a new URL parameter

Code: Select all

hide.filtered.content
that can be used to hide any content that is excluded by a DITAVAL instead of graying it out.

Does this same capability exist in Content Fusion 6.1? If not, do you have any suggestions for how we can enable the same functionality in Content Fusion?

Many of our Content Fusion users have complained that they would rather have the excluded content hidden altogether so that they are not distracted by excluded content or mistakenly edit excluded content.

Thanks!

Daniel
mihaela

Re: Possible to Hide Excluded Content?

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

Content Fusion 6.1 does not include the last version of Web Author but we will release soon a new Content Fusion version with Web Author 26.1 included.

Can you please give us more details about your use-case?
Do you want to hide the filtered content for all the users or just for some of them?
Do you want to allow the users to change this setting or do you want to be imposed?

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dreifsnider

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply! That's very exciting that you will soon release an update to Content Fusion that will include Web Author v26.1.

To answer your questions about our use cases:
Do you want to hide the filtered content for all the users or just for some of them?
Yes, we want to hide the filtered content for all users. We believe that when a DITAVAL is supplied as part of creating the review task, that what is displayed on Content Fusion should reflect the actual output produced by a transformation. If we want filtered content to display to users we would not supply a DITAVAL as part of creating the review task.
Do you want to allow the users to change this setting or do you want to be imposed?
We do not want users to be able to change this setting and would rather have it imposed in Content Fusion.

I hope this helps you better understand our use case, but please let me know if there's anything else I can help to answer.

Thank you!

Daniel
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,

We would like to inform you that soon the release of Content Fusion version 6.2 will be available, which will include the functionality from Web Author version 26.1, as described by you above.
It's worth mentioning that the name of this URL parameter has been corrected, instead of

hide.filtered.content
it is now named

show.excluded.content
More informations about this feature can be found on the *What's New* page. [1]

[1] https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_web_author/whats_new.html

Best,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com
dreifsnider

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi Cosmin,

Thank you for this update! We're looking forward to upgrading to Content Fusion 6.2.

I would like to confirm the default behavior with you regarding both Web Author and Content Fusion.

By default, if a user adds a DITAVAL to either a review task in Content Fusion, or to the DITA Context in Web Author, then is excluded content shown but is greyed out?

I guess I'm wondering if the show.excluded.content parameter defaults to true.

For Content Fusion specifically, would there be a capability for users to manually determine whether or not excluded content is displayed? In Web Author v26.1, the new DITA Context dialog lets users selects whether excluded content is displayed - will this also be available in Content Fusion v6.2?

Thank you!
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,
By default, if a user adds a DITAVAL to either a review task in Content Fusion, or to the DITA Context in Web Author, then is excluded content shown but is greyed out?
Yes, default is greyed out.
For Content Fusion specifically, would there be a capability for users to manually determine whether or not excluded content is displayed? In Web Author v26.1, the new DITA Context dialog lets users selects whether excluded content is displayed - will this also be available in Content Fusion v6.2?
We intend to allow users to manually change the display mode of the excluded content (through the checkbox in the Configure Dita Context dialog).
configure-dita-context.PNG
configure-dita-context.PNG (24.77 KiB) Viewed 375 times
We do not want users to be able to change this setting and would rather have it imposed in Content Fusion.
Regardless of role, both task owners and reviewers should not be able to modify this option?
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com