Scrollbars missing in WebHelp output

Having trouble installing Oxygen XML WebHelp? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
susannecm

Scrollbars missing in WebHelp output

Post by susannecm »

Hi everyone,
we use a publishing template and Oxygen 25.1 to create responsive WebHelp output.
In some cases, the TOC on the left side of the window and the drop-down menus in the top section contain so many entries that only the first ones can be seen. There should be a scrollbar in these cases. Which changes can I make to the customizing template so that scrollbars appear as needed? I noticed that the Oxygen documentation does not have the same problem.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Susanne
cosmin_andrei

Re: Scrollbars missing in WebHelp output

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi susannecm,
Please try using the default template and let us know if the issue persists.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
susannecm

Post by susannecm »

Hi,
No, it doesn't. The default template displays scrollbars.
How can I change my template to display scrollbars as well?
Susanne
FYI: The default template capitalizes all headings. Our documents are written in German. In German, this type of capitalization is wrong.
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi,

Based on the issue you're experiencing, it's likely that the problem is associated with your CSS customization. We recommend carefully investigating the CSS rules applied to your project. A practical solution is to reduce customization by commenting out or removing one segment at a time to identify the problematic section. This process can help pinpoint the specific rule causing the issue.

Regarding the scroll bars, they are governed by the overflow CSS property. Adjusting this rule might resolve any scroll bar-related issues you're encountering:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... S/overflow

Furthermore, if you wish to alter the capitalization style within your content, you can achieve this by utilizing the text-transform CSS rule:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... -transform
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
susannecm

Post by susannecm »

Hi,
I know the overflow property, but it doesn't seem to affect the outcome.
My template does not contain any overrides for this property.
I checked the TOC on the left side of the window using the browser functions.
The TOC seems to be represented by the following element:

Code: Select all

<div class=" wh_publication_toc " data-tooltip-position="right" style="overflow: hidden auto;">
With this overflow setting, I would expect a vertical toolbar if the TOC is long.
This toolbar is displayed in your documentation but not mine, even though the overflow settings are identical.
Any idea what else I could check?
Thank you for your help
Susanne
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi,
If the issue isn't replicated in the default template, most likely is related to your customization which might be interfering with the sticky functionality of the TOC. As a workaround, try to disable the sticky support as follows:

webhelp.enable.sticky.publication.toc= false
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei